Help with model number..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with model number..

Does anyone know what's the model number for a 02+ dc5r ngk iridium spark plugs..? (is iridium better then platinum..?)

I heard DC5R's come with laser iridium spark plugs stock **NGK IFR7G-11KS** though what does laser mean.. as to just normal iridium plug ?

i have a DC2R that had platinum plugs in it.. so i changed them to iridium one's (at cost of $80 "$20 per plug") as to what is did it seemed a little smother trough out the rev range which is odd my old plugs didn't look the bad really

i noticed a fuel economy increase of about 1/4 of KM to the liter (though most of my driving is at 100kmph on a highway to work everyday) so i don't know if it was just luck of the day though i have been keeping a eye on it

i seem to be getting about 14km to the liter (with new plugs) were before i was only getting around 13.5km to the liter

looks like the DC2R and DC5R have different plugs too in your owners manual it should say what the standard plug is just use the NGK websites converter from standard plug to iridium

http://www.ngkspark.com.au/part_inde...um/iridium.php

i hope thats some help
    Living The Midnight Dream

Comment

I also for got to add platinum plugs have a longer life as compared to iridiums
      Living The Midnight Dream

Comment

thanks for the info..

Comment

Working...
        X