broken steering rack?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

broken steering rack?

to cut the story short, recently took my car to the smash repairs for my rear bar due to some uncalled for accident.. upon getting the car back, my coilovers feel soft just like the stock ones, so im guessing i need to revalve or something?

the big problem is that my car feels dull now and my friend that uses zeal function x's has the same problem too.. and he told me its the steering rack. is there any other possibilities as of what may be broken?

i'm planning on hitting the next saturday afternoon sprint at QR and this really doensn't make my car feel or sound safe as i don't want my coilovers throwing out because i dunno what the repairers did to my car as my c-pillar was also loose

i'm running tein type ra's and the car is sitting pretty low, but not overkill
    Last edited by MKDC2; 28-08-07, 07:49 PM.

dont ask us what the repairers did to your car!?!?!?!

ask THEM!!!!
    ... retired/

Comment

yeah im going in on monday to talk to them in person, but im just thinking of other possibilities IF it is not their fault :P

sorry to be a noob, but the bolt that sits on where you adjust damper rate, is it meant to be really tight? i could move it with ease as i was going through the car before.

Comment

No bolts should be loose. Whats the point in bolting something down if it can move around ?

Think about it, it's common sense
        /Oo ___H___ oO\
        |=_/_______\_=|

Comment

Originally posted by MKDC2 View Post
          yeah im going in on monday to talk to them in person, but im just thinking of other possibilities IF it is not their fault :P

sorry to be a noob, but the bolt that sits on where you adjust damper rate, is it meant to be really tight? i could move it with ease as i was going through the car before.

can you check a friends car to see if his is tight?

if so - DONT drive the car until you check all the bolts that the smash repairers might have touched!
          ... retired/

Comment

this is the bolt that's loose, the bolt itself sits at the very bottom of the thread so its touching the chassis. btw that is not my coilovers. i'm currently using tein ra's

Comment

yeah man - that "nut" is supposed to be fully tight...
              ... retired/

Comment

Working...
              X