Major Service on 2002 DC5R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Major Service on 2002 DC5R

(If this is in the wrong section mods please move)

I bought my car just under a year ago with 87xxxKMs on the clock and have just hit the 93xxxKMs mark. This is the time according to the log book is when I need to be doing my major service (going to do it with my brother-in-law who's a mechanic). Since having the car all I've done in terms of maintenance is drop/replace the oil and change oil filter as well as top up transmission fluid when changing my clutch/flywheel.

I want to change all fluids and spark plugs this time for piece of mind and it can't really hurt. My question to you guys is what fluids do you recommend with the mix of performance mods I have? I remember reading somewhere on here clutch/flywheel combo should effect which MTL you should choose etc. I know some of this stuff has been covered in other places but didn't want to dig up old threads...

I can get Castrol Magnatec for free as my bro-in-law used to work for a dealership (Mitsubishi, Nissan and Hyundai) and I can also get OEM Honda fluids pretty cheap through one of his mates.

My performance mod list is:
    *Toda Lightweight Flywheel
    *Toda Heavy Duty Organic Clutch
    *Toda Race Headers with High Flow Cat
    *Toda Cat Back Exhaust
    *GruppeM Intake
    *Energy Suspension Motor Mount Inserts

What else would you guys recommend me doing besides changing all fluids and sparks?

Sorry for the long read again...

Thanks heaps,
    Tom

Well i changed these on my full service

Fuel filter
    Oil Filter
    Air Filter
    Transmission fluid
    Engine Oil
    P/S Fluid
    Brake Fluid
    Spark Plugs

Optional :

Brake Pads
    Machining Brake Rotors
    Tappet Adjustment
    Light Bulbs

hmmm thats what comes to mind atm.

Might be more.

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
    Horse power is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."

Comment

I can think of just a cabin filter.

Chi: Did you replace the fuel filter inside the fuel tank? Did you just clean it or was it completely replaced? I need to do mine as well but don't know what to do with it.
      Official ClubITR Sponsor: www.autosphere.com.au - For all your maintenance, oils and track needs.

Comment

Can you guys recommend certain brands of fluids?
        Do you think the OEM stuff would be alright or should go something like Redline or the likes because of my HD clutch and fly combo?
        What are your thoughts on Magnatec?

Comment

Originally posted by mugsee View Post
          I can think of just a cabin filter.

Chi: Did you replace the fuel filter inside the fuel tank? Did you just clean it or was it completely replaced? I need to do mine as well but don't know what to do with it.

I completely replaced it.

ITs prob one of the most annoying things to replace.

You have to take out the rear seats and unscrew the fuel tank panel thingie..

And man you have to avoid dropping petrol on your interior.

Worse set up ever.

And the fuel filter, omfg, looks like an over sized embryo .

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
          Horse power is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."

Comment

Originally posted by MRK20A View Post
            Can you guys recommend certain brands of fluids?
            Do you think the OEM stuff would be alright or should go something like Redline or the likes because of my HD clutch and fly combo?
            What are your thoughts on Magnatec?

I use mainly oem for every thing cept for engine oil.

Im not sure bout magnatec, dont hear much honda fanatics using it.

Comment

I use Motul 8100 for motor oil and redline for gearbox (knotchy second gear grrr!)
              sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

yeah....same....motul 8100 xcess.....for motor oil and oem for the rest...
                Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
                1)ブレーキを踏む
                2)クラッチを切る
                3)シフトダウンしなから、
                  アクセルをぶかす
                4)クラッチをつなぐ
                :blah:
                インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
                人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

What about sparks? What do you guys use? Just what's recommended in the service manual?

Comment

Originally posted by Chi View Post
                    I completely replaced it.

ITs prob one of the most annoying things to replace.

You have to take out the rear seats and unscrew the fuel tank panel thingie..

And man you have to avoid dropping petrol on your interior.

Worse set up ever.

And the fuel filter, omfg, looks like an over sized embryo .
                    Cool - thanks!

Did you notice any difference with the fuel filter changed? I'm finding that towards the end of my tank (usually a week of usage), it feels as though my fuel gets really old and generally doesn't feel as 'fresh' as when it first goes into the car. (sorry, poor description)
                    Official ClubITR Sponsor: www.autosphere.com.au - For all your maintenance, oils and track needs.

Comment

just got my fuel filter changed not long ago
                      i noticed i get more km's out of a full tank....

i use mobil 1 5W30 for motor oil and oem for tranny
                      should i go motul 8100? is that better and mobil1 is too f~ing expensive...

what hannys told me for dc5r
                      fuel filter at 40000km and 80000km
                      engine oil + filter every 5000km
                      tranny oil every 20000km

for dc5s
                      same but fuel filter at 80000km

for all other stuff, just check at each service if you need to top up or replace... refer to users manual.

Comment

Well i notice my fuel economy is slightly better after fuel filter change.

I avg bout 550+ kms out of a tank with some VTECking now and then.

Comment

Thanks guys - looks like fuel filters on my list to do now...

Comment

hmmm how much are fuel filters normally? not for the plastic ones
                            GruppeM Australian Distributor
                            w. http://xposed.com.au

Comment

Originally posted by mugsee View Post
                              Thanks guys - looks like fuel filters on my list to do now...

I guess that meen.. if you guys up in sydney see a mushroom cloud coming from approximately the East side of melbourne.. that was Mugsee Changing his Fuel Filter at my place =P..

but on a side note.. has anyone actually done the Powersteering Fluid Replacement and bleeding?

i assume its ideal to remove all the fluid from the lines? but what im wondering about is the bleeding meathod do you still fill up the reservoir, leaving the cap open with the car on and dry steer and keep the fluids up to level?

and if this is wrong.. is there another way to do it?
                              Memorable quotes

Originally posted by Q_ball
                              some say, his vtec was switched off on his last 4 outings at wakefield....

and that his foot comprises of only a heal and a toe...

all we know is hes called The Perry!!
                              Originally posted by tinkerbell
                              if those HA's are 7k old - i will eat my own arsehole...
                              A wise man once said "Tok like Gay better than been like gay"

Originally posted by Wayne
                              Never again complain about a honda's reliability just be glad you dont own an Alfa

Comment

Working...
                              X