Launch Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Launch Control

Can you guys tell me how launch control works.

if you have launch control what ECU do you use and how was it set up?
    Nankangs, Better than Your-Mums-Cans

* Please note, I hate Nankangs.

"Launch control" is only the idle rev limiter that is set in place. so when you stomp your foot down on the accelerator it bounces off the rev limit therefore giving you a better launch.

i think Australia Hondata sets this as 4k.

Comment

Ohhh cool.

I have to set that to 2650 or 2700 for my S w/ no LSD
      Last edited by PolitoHood; 23-08-07, 04:11 PM.
      Nankangs, Better than Your-Mums-Cans

* Please note, I hate Nankangs.

Comment

stock AUDM type R's also have it... but its set where vtec engages...

Comment

Checkout http://www.racelogic.co.uk for their traction/launch control units
          happyhong says:
          aus only have 3 r
          happyhong says:
          civic R, integra R and jonnieR

Comment

Originally posted by 45SET View Post
            thats not launch control, its just the fuel cut that is lowered from the redline to protect the engine, if you launch at 5.5k...GGGGGGG

Comment

Originally posted by 45SET View Post
              Originally posted by bungsai View Post
              thats not launch control, its just the fuel cut that is lowered from the redline to protect the engine, if you launch at 5.5k...GGGGGGG
              When I was NA & stock Ecu, I launched between 6-7k. As far as I am aware there is no launch control on the DC2R's.

To explain launch control as per my Hondata S300 set at 4500rpm and Speed setting:

At Zero speed you can put your foot flat to the floor and it will only rev to 4500 (can be changed). With hondata it does this by fuel and ignition cut. Once you launch and it detects the cirtain Speed (which can be changed) the rest of the rev range is opened up and your on your way.

Good for both NA and FI drag racing. Its good for FI, because you can sit there steady on 4500 and the turbo spools up on boost, instead of you reving the motor on and off to get it spooling (which is anoying at the line). It is great.

Its all setup on the laptop. Rev limiter, Launch control, speed setting.
              Deano.

Comment

Originally posted by DLO01 View Post
                When I was NA & stock Ecu, I launched between 6-7k. As far as I am aware there is no launch control on the DC2R's.
                I think the poster was referring to the DC5R!

Comment

Working...
                X