No announcement yet.

A new contestant to the 150KW N/A Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome Bro. Got the K-pro in now. Give me a ride next time I come down to melb?
    CARSFORHOPE

Comment

Originally posted by kookie View Post
      LOL

more like i didn't have time and cops in Melb, well you know. Out of 10 wot runs I only got 1 cos there were cops waiting

But still learnt heaps.

Plz explain?
      Memorable quotes

Originally posted by Q_ball
      some say, his vtec was switched off on his last 4 outings at wakefield....

and that his foot comprises of only a heal and a toe...

all we know is hes called The Perry!!
      Originally posted by tinkerbell
      if those HA's are 7k old - i will eat my own arsehole...
      A wise man once said "Tok like Gay better than been like gay"

Originally posted by Wayne
      Never again complain about a honda's reliability just be glad you dont own an Alfa

Comment

can k100 do the same as kpro ??if not then i will sell mine and get 1 kpro asap :P

Comment

Originally posted by Wlee2 View Post
          Plz explain?
          3rd gear pulls.
          I tried to do it bout 10 times on the freeway and before i can actually finish the run i see a cop pass.

I have tried my private roads and cops are learking around.

So its very hard to do a 3rd gear pull without attracting too much attention.

Comment

Originally posted by GoldCoastDC5R View Post
            Somethin aint right, 160kw at 7700 rpm, has to be a boosted car....
            I would have to agree with the comment above. Now, power at the hubs is the same as at the wheels. To achieve 160 kw at the wheels (or hubs) at 7,700 with the standard 310cc fuel injectors is starting to defy physics. With the standard fuel injectors, figures closer to 150 kw are achievable. There is only so much power a motor can make with 310cc injectors even at 100% duty cycle. So, putting different exhaust, intake, cams, and valves can get more air into your engine, but the injectors limit the amount of fuel and thus the maximum amount of power. Increasing the compression ratio and improving the combustion efficiency of the combustion chamber does increase the amount of power for a given injector size, but only slightly. Increasing the fuel pressure to the injectors can also help get more fuel into the engine using the standard 310cc injectors, but here again, this is a fairly limited solution for more power.
            Last edited by Evatec; 12-07-07, 11:09 PM.

Comment

It risky doing 3rd gear runs in Melbourne but I pulled mine fine. Really depends on the area and your luck.

You think its hard pulling 3rd gear runs and then you find out people in other states do 4th gear runs.......

Comment

4th gear smeh...

5th gear!

Comment

Just booked myself for a dyno run on the 11th Aug.

Should be fun to see what numbers I will be pulling.

5th gear OMG, but thats what you get when you have country roads all to yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Evatec View Post
                    I would have to agree with the comment above. Now, power at the hubs is the same as at the wheels. To achieve 160 kw at the wheels (or hubs) at 7,700 with the standard 310cc fuel injectors is starting to defy physics. With the standard fuel injectors, figures closer to 150 kw are achievable. There is only so much power a motor can make with 310cc injectors even at 100% duty cycle. So, putting different exhaust, intake, cams, and valves can get more air into your engine, but the injectors limit the amount of fuel and thus the maximum amount of power. Increasing the compression ratio and improving the combustion efficiency of the combustion chamber does increase the amount of power for a given injector size, but only slightly. Increasing the fuel pressure to the injectors can also help get more fuel into the engine using the standard 310cc injectors, but here again, this is a fairly limited solution for more power.
                    I thought that there was ~15% power loss from hub to wheel or is this a myth?

Comment

Originally posted by kookie View Post
                      5th gear OMG, but thats what you get when you have country roads all to yourself.
                      HOOOOOOOOOON!!

Comment

Sounds like a sweet ride you got there

Does the car's front wheel trample when u got that much power?
                        Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #005

Comment

Oh kookie... it's you....

EDIT... Wrong person LOL
                          Last edited by spoondc2r; 15-07-07, 04:32 PM.
                          For Sale:

http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...9488#post19488

Comment

Originally posted by spoondc2r View Post
                            Oh kookie... it's you....
                            ?

yes its me

Comment

thats absolutely crazy.. if possible small list of modifications pls =] totally udnerstand if u dont wanna give away ur secrest though!
                              Have you had your daily dose of VTEC?

Comment

Originally posted by rayb3na_ View Post
                                thats absolutely crazy.. if possible small list of modifications pls =] totally udnerstand if u dont wanna give away ur secrest though!
                                I've posted my mods up but in case you missed it here it is.

Header - Spoon 4-2 with Custom 2-1 with hi flow cat
                                Exhaust - Kakimoto HYPER FULL MEGA N1+ Rev.(very loud ask Vince and Rix, they have been in my car)
                                Intake - Injen CAI
                                Kpro

Comment

Working...
                                X