skunk2 pro 3 cams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

skunk2 pro 3 cams

any 1 know much about the skunk pro3 cam and how will it go with a stock itr motor, and wat is it equivalent to another cam....and wat the vtec point is at.....
    Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #009

Too much cam for stock ITR motor. Pro 1 is better choice for stock ITR and even then try to up your compression a little with a thinner head gasker or mill the head. VTEC point is best chosen when tuning, but contact Skunk and they can give you some general idea if you tell them your setup.

Pro 3's probably only get enough air and compression on a 2.0l B Series with 12.5 and up compression. Pro 1 and Pro 2 better for a 1.8.

Equivalent cam are Toda D, Rocket M25 and Jun IV.

See here for more info.
    http://www.skunk2.com/CookBook.php
    http://www.worldvision.com.au http://ww.compassion.com.au

Comment

im was thinking of the pro3 but as said above... probably a bit over the top (especialy for me... as it is a daily... [but track car 2]) ill prob be doing pro2 and ITB's along with that porting the head, valve springs and all that stuff... and most importantly ecu

VTEC point for skunk2 pro3 is eather 600rpm higher then stock or 1,200rpm.. cant remember.. will be on the site.. it confusing :S

im intrested 2 as what is needed for the engine 2 support the cams and the other mods also?

sorry 4 hijack (but it the same quistion :P)

some1 help us :P
      Last edited by SHIFTY; 08-07-07, 05:31 PM.
      RWD + Boost =

Comment

I think you have two main options for increasing power from a ITR/B18c7. There are many ways to do it, but I think these are the 2 levels.

1. Keep Stock cams and add;
        *Intake - Mugen or 3inch Injen or AEM CAI with velocity stack. Or ITB's.
        *Header - Best you can afford, Toda/SMSP/Hytech (possibly buddyclub but I have no experience)
        *Exhaust - hi flow cat and quality 2.5" exhaust with no bottlenecks.
        Then tune with hondata/powerfc and cam gears.
        Nice power gains and when coupled with lightweight flywheel the car really feels great and alive.

2. Add all of the above, plus
        *Cams - Toda C2/Skunk2 Pro 1/Rocket M22xx/Jun III/Buddy Club IV etc
        *Compression - at least raised by thinner headgasket to 11.4:1 or go for some forged pistons and rods to up around 12.5:1. Can also use CTR pistons as a cheap alternative with stock rods.
        *Valvetrain - supporting valvetrain upgrade from camshaft manufacturer or other such as Supertech or Portflow. This is springs and retainers.
        *ECU - hondata/pfc
        To fully realise these gains, also look into porting your head, porting your intake manifold or getting an Edelbrock Performer X, and getting a 66 or 68 mm throttle body. Or ITB's. To support ITB's I think you need a Hondata S300 or Motec or similar, I have not seen PFC tune ITB's, but I could be wrong.

Comment

thanks guys so skunk pro1 is similar to a toda c cam???....

Comment

Yeh Pro 1 and Toda C2 (replaced original C) are similar and Adrian from Toda could better explain any differences. AFAIK Toda C2 actually carries power a bit longer while Pro 1 may have better mid-range.

Comment

Originally posted by SHIFTY View Post
              im was thinking of the pro3 but as said above... probably a bit over the top (especialy for me... as it is a daily... [but track car 2]) ill prob be doing pro2 and ITB's along with that porting the head, valve springs and all that stuff... and most importantly ecu

VTEC point for skunk2 pro3 is eather 600rpm higher then stock or 1,200rpm.. cant remember.. will be on the site.. it confusing :S

im intrested 2 as what is needed for the engine 2 support the cams and the other mods also?

sorry 4 hijack (but it the same quistion :P)

some1 help us :P
              would be good to know wat other people think of these cams that have used them in there car....

Comment

any ideas for Brian Crower Spec 2 cams for dc5??sorry for mixed it up

Comment

We got 1 customer using SKUNK2 pro 1 on b series
                  will get his dyno sheet soon
                  JDMyard Pty Ltd / Hardrace AU
                  25 / 317-321 Woodpark Rd , Smithfield , NSW 2164. Contact : 97572365
                  Email : yonas@jdmyard.com

Comment

so whats the pros and cons between:
                    toda c spec cams
                    skunk pro stage 1 cams
                    bc spec 3/4/5 cams ?

whats a good setup for a street car with occasional track days?

Comment

Lets say someone was to run with a 12.2 compression or thereabouts, with ported head, 68mm TB, intake manifold ported to match, valve train all upgraded to suit in a b18c ITR motor tuned with Hondata. Would the pro1's or pro2's be the best choice. for a street car that is tracked maybe 4-5 times a year....Choices choices....

Haha I just realised then that I dug up a pretty old post, hmm maybe by now someone has tryed a simular set-up...
                      Last edited by dnyall; 23-06-08, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dnyall View Post
                        Lets say someone was to run with a 12.2 compression or thereabouts, with ported head, 68mm TB, intake manifold ported to match, valve train all upgraded to suit in a b18c ITR motor tuned with Hondata. Would the pro1's or pro2's be the best choice. for a street car that is tracked maybe 4-5 times a year....Choices choices....

Haha I just realised then that I dug up a pretty old post, hmm maybe by now someone has tryed a simular set-up...

Rocket M22x. We have used it and yeild great results. Skunk 2 pro 2's will also work.
                        BYP Racing & Developments
                        Sales - Performance parts - Tuning - Race Prep - Engine Builds - Gearbox Upgrade - Car Set-up - Consultancy

Email - benny@bypracing.com
                        STREET - TRACK - DRAG

Comment

has anyone experimented with reground cams..?

Comment

Working...
                          X