Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dyno results using Buddy club headers....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dyno results using Buddy club headers....

Hey team,

We have just received an email from head office with dyno results for the Buddy club headers and exhaust for the K20 motor - which we think some of you might take some serious interest in. I know prusso and a few others have been looking for some exhaust bits for their DC5 S/R/luxury - well have a look at this:

With BC headers and pro spec exhaust and an intake... a massive 17kw atw gain! As you can see - power gains the whole way through the rev range, and a definite and usable increase in torque. After 6,000 rpm you can see the difference is 2 or 3 times the difference in the lower rev range...Also keeping in mind that is a type-S, there might be even more to gain with an R or luxury spec.

The Buddy club header has been one of the most heavily developed product that Buddy club has ever had to offer, as it is one of the most important and efficient ways to gain power in an n/a engine. The reason there has been so much development is because this header was developed for the #91 race car, and can lay claims to being the most 'power getting' DC5 header in the world.

The exhaust manifold you buy off the shelf, is exactly the same item as the one used in the race car! Hard to believe, but it is true.

We are 110% confident that you will gain power with these headers

http://www.buddyclub.com.au
    Contact Us! - support AT buddyclub.com.au
    We're here to help!!

was that with or without tuning?

try to get an AFR plot if you can?

why would an R gain more power than an S?
    ... retired/

Comment

That is standard, no tuning

We speculate that the S runs at tune with more focus towards torque, and perhaps R, with a tune more focus on power would might see a high result.

We don't think we have an AFR ratio, but we will see if we can hunt it down

We're here to help!!

Comment

Originally posted by BuddyClub View Post

We speculate that the S runs at tune with more focus towards torque, and perhaps R, with a tune more focus on power would might see a high result.
        Why?

The graph shows a 2003 RSX TypeS. It has the k20a2, EXACTLY the same as our DC5R...
        ..so why would the R get more gain?

Comment

it might very well be. We assumed that the S and R differences are the same as they have here, but perhaps they are the same.

either way - regardless of which variation of the K you have, the BC headers will definitely make an improvement. That we are 100% confident of

apologies for the confusion

We're here to help!!

Comment

Not very confidence inspiring when BuddyClub's own rep/techie doesn't know the car they have products for.
            happyhong says:
            aus only have 3 r
            happyhong says:
            civic R, integra R and jonnieR

Comment

Your not really providing enough info about the car or mods.

Is this with a cat or without ?
              What kind of intake ?
              Specs on the exhaust ?
              Did the car have stock ECU ?

Sorry but this reminds me of those adds for the tornado or fuel pills which make you gain better fuel mileage
              /Oo ___H___ oO\
              |=_/_______\_=|

Comment

You guys are a hard bunch huh?!

This dyno chart was provided by Fujita to push Fujita intakes. It just happens that they have Buddy club products on the car in the dyno test and so we thought it would be worth while posting. Simple as that.

In the end of the day you can nit pick away to the nth degree over anything. For example: I've seen gains from a voltage stabilizer but there's still a billion electrical engineers out there on forums who are arguing against them for being absolutely useless.

It saddens me a little that some people in this tight community are so pesimistic towards Buddy club products. To compare Buddy club headers to fuel pills, tornado or other similar gimics is a little spiteful in my opinion.

At the same time I understand that you guys are hungry for clearer facts. Perhaps we really need to spend some time and money on testing Buddy club products on a local dyno. I'll bring it up with the boss and in the meantime we shall refrain from posting up dyno charts from overseas sources.
                Last edited by justinfox; 09-07-07, 02:06 PM.
                www.jdmstyletuning.com

Comment

Originally posted by justinfox View Post

This dyno chart was provided by Fujita to push Fujita intakes. It just happens that they have Buddy club products on the car in the dyno test and so we thought it would be worth while posting. Simple as that.

In the end of the day you can nit pick away to the nth degree over anything. For example: I've seen gains from a voltage stabilizer but there's still a billion electrical engineers out there on forums who are arguing against them for being absolutely useless.

It saddens me a little that some people in this tight community are so pesimistic towards Buddy club products. To compare Buddy club headers to fuel pills, tornado or other similar gimics is a little spiteful in my opinion.

At the same time I understand that you guys are hungry for clearer facts. Perhaps we really need to spend some time and money on testing Buddy club products on a local dyno. I'll bring it up with the boss and in the meantime we shall refrain from posting up dyno charts from overseas sources.
                  The thing is... BuddyClub Australia has posted the graph.
                  IMO if you're going to send someone to be a techie here to answer questions relating to BC products then make sure they have the specific's. This is the tech section not the lounge area

We'd like to know that person is knowledgable specifically with K/B series.
                  happyhong says:
                  aus only have 3 r
                  happyhong says:
                  civic R, integra R and jonnieR

Comment

its all good. Feedback is the only way that a business will learn and grow.

Some negativity is fine i reckon usually users will have really good comments to make, i have noticed with my own business as well.

Your first impression is to defend, but when you really think about it, it might actually be a great idea!

for eg localised dynos, more tech questions gain gain for everyone involve imo

Comment

yes, we expect a lot from Official vendors...

it is for BuddyClub’s own benefit - if you wanna stop your customers going for parallel imports, or just simply buying from the US or Japan themselves at much reduced cost - you gotta realise that the company’s public face needs to be of upmost rigour and scrupulousness.
                      ... retired/

Comment

It saddens me a little that some people in this tight community are so pesimistic towards Buddy club products.
                        hmmm, be careful not to confuse general skepticism with targeted pessimism.

it is very much the former...
                        ... retired/

Comment

Is it too much to ask for clearer facts ?

I wasn't bashing Buddyclub products, just because i didn't use smilies all over the place doesn't mena you have to take it negatively.

In the aftermarket parts industry there is so much fudging going around that it makes people question how authentic the results are. I'm sure companies can pull dyno plots out from anywhere to make there products look good on paper.

Just give us some more facts about the car and the test done. I don't think thats too much to ask. If buddyclub can't afford to test there own products and provide backing for there data, and detailed information then I really don't think they should be producing them at all.

That's just my 2 cents, but anywho
                          /Oo ___H___ oO\
                          |=_/_______\_=|

Comment

Originally posted by kavehman View Post
                            Just give us some more facts about the car and the test done. I don't think thats too much to ask.
                            In this particular case we can't supply more information as the tests were done by Fujita in the USA who supply dyno charts for most of their intake kits (without any more additional information that people might seek).

As I mentioned in my last post:

www.jdmstyletuning.com

Comment

Testing on local dyno

Comment

Working...
                              X