Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to tap into a good power source in a DC5R

Hi,
    just put in my laser jammers and radar detector, but they run off the cigarette lighter, so i need to find a power source to run them off of, but looking under the dash to see the fuse box almost made me sh*t my pants, the fuses are like ants and the wires are all bunched into one thick bundle, so its almost impossible to see whats for the cigarette lighter without pulling the dash out again, which i don't want to do after the headache i went through in installing the buddy club short shifter.

can anyone help me out?

and no... i don't want to run them into the engine bay....

HELP PLEASE... i hate trying to decide between using my jammers or detector lol

Use a test light. Thats the easiest way to find a good source.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike B View Post
      Use a test light. Thats the easiest way to find a good source.
      the only way.. there isnt an easy way about it.

use the one from you tape deck

Project: Machine myself a heavy gear knob

Comment

stereo power source is usually a strong one...

use the yellow/red wire - it is controled by the ignition key and is protected with a 7.5A under-dash fuse...

Attached Files
        ... retired/

Comment

use the power soruce for the light above the cup holders. not like your going to notice its gone.

Comment

Don't speed and you won't need to use either, LOL.
            | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

Working...
            X