Hard to get into gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hard to get into gear

Recently its been getting harder shifting into 1st. However if I engage reverse then 1st it goes in smoothly. Going into rest of the gears after 1st are fine.

Anyone knows if a GB oil change is due or the Synchros busted?

what car?

Comment

My bad...its a DC2R. Last service was for 140k (~5k kms ago).

I just checked my service history and realised that GB oil was last changed at 120k kms!! I believe its time for some new GB oil.
      Last edited by poizon; 01-07-07, 10:51 PM.

Comment

i think its a common complaint.. mine's a bit like that... grinds a bit into reverse often too!

Comment

One more thing to clarify, does it happen only when you first start up the car early in the morning, or its something that happens everything you need to shift into 1st at traffic light??
          For all ralliart colt owners & lovers, i'm please to announce that the ralliart colt forum is finally online and working. Please come and support the site. http://www.rcolt.com

Comment

give it an oil change and see how it goes mate. Its hard to tell, but iff its had 140000km of thrashing then its quite plausible that the gearbox needs a rebuild, expecially if the oil hasnt been changed at intervals to suit the driving style

Comment

I'll have a change of GB and see how that goes. Thanks everyone for their valuable input.

Comment

Areas you may want to look into:

1) Changing transmission fluid
                2) Check Master and Slave clutch cylinder. If those get weak, it will not release as far as it should.

Comment

I just had my car serviced recently at IS motor racing. They notified me that they'd be using synthetic oils instead of the oem oils. only sometimes on cold-starts its hard to get into 1st but its not all the time, just sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike B View Post
                    Areas you may want to look into:

1) Changing transmission fluid
                    2) Check Master and Slave clutch cylinder. If those get weak, it will not release as far as it should.
                    Good points! Now that you mentioned it, the clutch did feel less smooth just about the same time I'm having this issue.

I'll have a look into it as well. Thanks mate.

Comment

Update...

After changing GB oil with the help of Tinkerbell it is now much easier to get into 1st at cold.

Daves an absolute great guy. Thanks for the lesson with GB oil.

Comment

Dave =

Comment

Originally posted by poizon View Post
                          Update...

After changing GB oil with the help of Tinkerbell it is now much easier to get into 1st at cold.

Daves an absolute great guy. Thanks for the lesson with GB oil.

What gear oil did you put in? I have been reading the gearbox oil thread and think im just going to put the OEM honda MTF gear oil in, but do it every 10,000kms.

Quote:
                          Originally Posted by justinfox
                          You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by DC2R View Post
                            What gear oil did you put in? I have been reading the gearbox oil thread and think im just going to put the OEM honda MTF gear oil in, but do it every 10,000kms.
                            I replaced it with Honda's MTF 06. Cost me 11/L from Scotts Honda Parts, you'll need roughly 2.2L.

Comment

Working...
                            X