• Time
  • Show
Clear All

shell helix 15W50 synthetic, very nice oil in my opinion
    /Oo ___H___ oO\
    |=_/_______\_=|

Comment

Originally posted by szymonsta View Post
      i think most japanese honda tuners recommend light-tuned ITR's to use either honda 10w-30 oil, or *insert brand here: ... motul, oberon, sunoco, omega, elf, castrol, shell etc* .. in 5w-40 or 10w-40 fully synthetic, with regular (5000kms) oil change.
      Well mine is stock with 70,000kms on the clock. Not burning any oil really.

Would you recommend 10w-30 or would 10w-40 be cool as well?

Quote:
      Originally Posted by justinfox
      You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

i use honda 10w-30 and mine's 100,000kms and basically stock too. but i'm sure 10w-40 will be equally suitable. it has slightly higher viscosity at high temp. which will perhaps improve engine wear protection at very high temp. eg. track days. either one will b ok as long as u change regularly.
        "What's the point of racing a car that doesn't look cool?" - Nakai-san, RWB

Comment

When i had my EGB18C i used FEO for my first time at wakey.

It burnt very quickly, prob half of it within 35-40 laps.

Next time i went to wakey i used Motul Turbo light or what ever it was.

Did similar amount of laps with a cusco oil catch can and the can only fileld up with 2 cms of oil.

Thats just my experience.
          Last edited by Chi; 19-10-06, 10:08 AM.

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
          Horse power is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."

Comment

Originally posted by kavehman View Post
            shell helix 15W50 synthetic, very nice oil in my opinion
            15w-50 ?

You don't think this would be too thick?
            | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

cam - i have been using Mobil 1 15w-50 in mine... it is quite thick but provides good protection under track conditions...

i will be swaping to Redline 10w-40 for my next oil change though
              ... retired/

Comment

Do I need a new sump plug washer for when I put the sump plug back on after draining the oil?

Quote:
                You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

Comment

Not necessary every oil change, i only do mine every second change....
                  NA is BEST

59.4 QR Spint - Qld's Quickest DC5R

Comment

crush washer? better to change it everytime, or two times. Becuase if you dont the bolt will be crushed into the bolt so hard removing it might be hard next time

Comment

So do I ask for a crush washer when I go into autobarn?

Quote:

Comment

I believe that is the official term

Comment

You can buy a whole pack of them from Honda ... Recommended to be replaced at every drain plug removal. This is not meant be re-used.

Comment

OK thanks for the heads up guys. Can you only get them at honda? Im off to autobarn now so I gues I will try and get them there. Cheers.

Quote:

Comment

My Honda dealer usually gives that to me for free when I purchase an oil filter.
                              I am a lesbian trapped inside a male body

Comment

Originally posted by freakygeek View Post
                                15w-50 ?

You don't think this would be too thick?
                                Actually now that you mentione it i dont think it is 15W50

either 10w40 or 15w40

ill check it when i finally get home
                                /Oo ___H___ oO\
                                |=_/_______\_=|

Comment

Working...
                                X