How To Clean Your Header?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How To Clean Your Header?

Doing a search did not bring up anything, so I'm just wondering if you guys can point me into the direction of how to clean my dirty header? It has just recently been installed with some greasy fingerprints, and of course as the header got hot, the fingerprints showed up.

How do I clean this safely, what method, and with what?

I also want to know, if I don't clean it now, and the header continues to change colour naturally, will the fingerprints eventually blend in with the colour? Thanks for the help!

Try Ajax, i know aguy used it on his dash and cluster on the forum lol

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
    Horse power is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."

Comment

was his dash and cluster made of stainless?

Comment

It is too late now. That is the reason why you clean you headers before you ever heat it up for the first time.

Comment

this is a really good guide.
          http://www.hondatech.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=580

Before:

After:

Comment

^that is a good guide... too bad its not that filthy and i dont have the header off the car...

is it really too late? oh well... i guess i'll just wait for the whole thing to turn purple... what matters is the performance of this thing, not the fricken bling of it!

Comment

Try CLR from Woolies and then Braso it, worked for me
              Nankangs, Better than Your-Mums-Cans

* Please note, I hate Nankangs.

Comment

brasso / autosol
                JDMyard Pty Ltd / Hardrace AU
                25 / 317-321 Woodpark Rd , Smithfield , NSW 2164. Contact : 97572365
                Email : yonas@jdmyard.com

Comment

Get them warn and wipe them with auto tran fluid, it'll burn off and smoke up but they clean up well.

Comment

Working...
                  X