DC2R obtaining JDM (stock) exhaust system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC2R obtaining JDM (stock) exhaust system

hello pplz, does any one know where or who from, you would be able to obtain a full stock JDM exhaust system off a 99-00 DC2R JDM ?

and is it correct that they are 2,1/2'' and not 2,1/4'' like the stock AUST system ?

and even above all of that is the system applicable to fit on a AUST DC2R ?
    Living The Midnight Dream

Firstly, I'm not sure where you'd get one from.... Maybe JDMYard!

But WHY? It bloodly weights heaps.
    You'd be much better off with a bigger aftermarket system.
    Plenty available.
    sigpic
    B.L.A.T Racing.
    Brake Late & Turn.

Comment

The headers of the JDM 98' Spec ITR is an ideal upgrade (if you can one for a relatively low price), but besides that component you're better off getting a full exhaust from someplace else... The catback is pretty much as restrictive as they come from the factory.. you wouldn't be making a worthwhile improvement at all...
      Wakefield 1:14.5640 - DC2R

Comment

Originally posted by B.ITR.00 View Post
        hello pplz, does any one know where or who from, you would be able to obtain a full stock JDM exhaust system off a 99-00 DC2R JDM ?

and is it correct that they are 2,1/2'' and not 2,1/4'' like the stock AUST system ?

and even above all of that is the system applicable to fit on a AUST DC2R ?
        The JDM DC2R (96 and 98 spec onwards) come standard with a 60 mm exhaust pipe from the cat back.

The JDM DC2R cat back system will fit the Australian DC2R. As far as I am aware, the Australian and JDM DC2R (spec 98 onwards) have the same exhaust system except that the JDM has a slightly different muffler design.

Compared to a JDM DC5R, the DC2R has a bigger exhaust system per cc of engine size.
        Last edited by Evatec; 14-06-07, 09:43 PM.

Comment

mm ok so really it would be a wast of money getting a JDM system, due to not really that different apart for the headers and little different in the rear muff. what about the cat though ? so I've been told that the cat is meant to be the most restricted part of the stock system

apart from that not that i've really looked in to reviews of certain systems but a system made by a performance company like Toda or buddy club etc is there any that give a power increase with out a huge noise increase

looks like as well from high ranking performance people like amuse, spoon etc they have a very high $$ tag as well, not that the $ a big issue
          Living The Midnight Dream

Comment

Differences worthwhile upgrading: Cat, and Headers
            Differences not worthwhile upgrading: Everything else

If you want performance but little noise increase, go for either MUGEN TWIN LOOP or FUJITSUBO RM-01R. These are perhaps most well known to be quiet down low, but open up nice when given WOT at higher engine speeds...
            Wakefield 1:14.5640 - DC2R

Comment

Originally posted by B.ITR.00 View Post
              mm ok so really it would be a wast of money getting a JDM system, due to not really that different apart for the headers and little different in the rear muff. what about the cat though ? so I've been told that the cat is meant to be the most restricted part of the stock system

apart from that not that i've really looked in to reviews of certain systems but a system made by a performance company like Toda or buddy club etc is there any that give a power increase with out a huge noise increase

looks like as well from high ranking performance people like amuse, spoon etc they have a very high $$ tag as well, not that the $ a big issue
              As other members have suggested, a JDM cat-back exhaust is unlikely to gain you much. The manifold is worthwhile, though for a bit more you can get a far superior product (e.g. toda). Yes, the standard cat is restrictive, but if u retain the stock exhaust I doubt you would see much gain just by changing the cat. What's more getting an entire JDM cat-back may not be as cheap as you think - it is certainly part of the way to getting an aftermarket cat-back.
              "No Matter that you have a PhD and have read all of Henry James twice. If you still persist in writing, "Good food at it's best", you deserve to be struck by lightning, hacked up on the spot and buried in an unmarked grave" (Truss, 2003, p.44).

Comment

Working...
              X