Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My new DC5R

Hey everyone,

I'm new to this forum casue i've just bought myself an 04 Integra Type R DC5.
    I'm looking into getting my first mod which will be a Cold air intake system, probably Ingen. I'm wanting power in the lower rev range do you think this is the way to go? or more power in the higher revs?

Is there anything i should be looking out for with the DC5's?

All input is appreciated and i should hopfully be able to meet all you Sydney Owners at the next meet, whenever that may be.

Thanks.
    sigpic
    [GH-05-TR]

Hi and welcome to the board.
    Make sure you post pics =]

More power in the lower range you will be better off with mugen or gruppym. Injen is all about top end power.

Comment

Oh really? Yeah well i'll probably go with a Mugen system then. Do you know where i could pick one up for a good price? maybe second hand?

Yeah well i'm painting my calipers red this w.e and buffing her up so i'll take some pic's then
      sigpic
      [GH-05-TR]

Comment

welcome
        what colour is your car? currently completely stock?

as kookie said if you want low-mid range gains go with gruppeM or Mugen box.
        the gruppeM sounds nuts too

Comment

Welcome!

I probs wouldn't go mugen cos it's pretty much a pretty carbon fibre version of your stock airbox...

Unless you're gonna change your front bumper, go gruppe m

Comment

wtf u talking about rika. Mugen is not CF LOL

Comment

cf look? LOL..

Besides the minimalist differences.. CAI will give you greater top end than bottom end power in comparison to a short ram closed airbox

GruppeM > Mugen ==> per looks + performance (not having to have an aftermarket front bumper with air scoop)
              g
              [ BBU66Z ]
              g
              Girlfriend (sleeping in car): "just because i'm sleeping doesn't mean you can drive fast!"

Comment

Matt, my car is black with the stock red interior. It is all completly stock besides windowtints and a head deck. I'll post pics soon.

As with the Cold Air intake systems, i've looked at the Gruppe M and Mugen ones and they are really out of my price range unless i can find a 2nd hand one or one really cheap.
                sigpic
                [GH-05-TR]

Comment

but for price vs performance gained, injen is better in that respect...but we won't open this can of worms again will we CITR members ...

i think getting an aftermarket exhaust manifold is better than getting an intake...just my opinion.

Comment

agreed ^^^^

price vs performance - cai wins.. get one.. u won't regret it!
                    g
                    [ BBU66Z ]
                    g
                    Girlfriend (sleeping in car): "just because i'm sleeping doesn't mean you can drive fast!"

Comment

Welcome Aboard

Just get either AEM / Injen CAI or if you feel rich get gruppem

Comment

Originally posted by tofu View Post
                        but for price vs performance gained, injen is better in that respect...but we won't open this can of worms again will we CITR members ...

i think getting an aftermarket exhaust manifold is better than getting an intake...just my opinion.
                        /me high-5's Tofu, jonbubz and 3rik

:P
                        Official ClubITR Sponsor: www.autosphere.com.au - For all your maintenance, oils and track needs.

Comment

Originally posted by Jingers View Post
                          wtf u talking about rika. Mugen is not CF LOL
                          Yeah the fibreglass has that carbon fibre prettiness look to me

Comment

Welcome.

Go for a Heavy duty Clutch & Super light Flywheel.

Comment

So for my First mod, don't get CAI? Get either exahust system or Heavy duty clutch and super light flywheel?

I mean if i wait a lil bit i'll have enough money to get a Gruppe M CAI but yeah...

Also, is it easy to paint the housing for headlights? I'm wanting them black... but i don't want to spend money on new lights.
                              Last edited by Bboy_R; 14-06-07, 04:12 PM.
                              sigpic
                              [GH-05-TR]

Comment

Working...
                              X