Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

D2 Coilovers

Hey all,

I hope i can get some quality ideas and thoughts here.

I want coilovers, and have noticed the D2 make a good value for money product for my DC2R, probably not the same brand reputation as Tein or whatever, but they seem to have all i want.

I basically want a coilover where i can adjust the height t sit nice and low, but also be able to play on the track also.

ive got the link for the distributors and all that, BUT i wanted some opinions and thoughts from people who have owned, or know people who have owned them before, with some feedback about the product.

The application list doesnt differentiate DC2 from DC2R, i thought they have different LCA's? also it comes with a solid aluminium uppermount rather than a pillowball mount? whats that all about?

some opinions please?

Hey man although I dont have personal expereince, D2's GFroce or HSD coilovers are an ok coilovers if you only intend for looks (lowering the car). But when it comes down to tracking them - a few reviews indicates leaking after some serious tracking. And for the prices, they range from 1600-1800 depends which dealer you go. Thats similar price to TEIN SS and Buddy Club N+ coilovers.

Also look into after sales features of it - WARRANTY!

Comment

so if what eoh is saying is correct, then if its just for looks why not go springs?

Comment

i've already got King Springs, such a stupid decision... the car doesnt feel as tight as it used to be in reponse and turnin and stability...

I want the ability to get the exact desired stance i want in terms of looks, but the versatility to be able to dial in damper settings when i do track it.

Ive actually found a set on ebay for 1200, and thats just less than tein ss, tein doesnt have the amount of drop that i would like

what you guys are saying kinda confirms my idea surrounding quality of the product...

Comment

I was speaking to a knowledgable someone who is using d2 coilovers in their wrx and they had positive things to say about them. Of course, that is relative to their price. I think it's fair to say that your not going to get the same from a $1300 dollar coilover that your going to get from a $2500+ coilover. To some extent price always reflects what your getting. As such, value for money just depends what you expect to get out of the coilover.

I think Eoh and Jingers make good points and personally I always think of warrenty and ease to repair, which is why I settled for Tein.
          "No Matter that you have a PhD and have read all of Henry James twice. If you still persist in writing, "Good food at it's best", you deserve to be struck by lightning, hacked up on the spot and buried in an unmarked grave" (Truss, 2003, p.44).

Comment

i dont understand why you would want to get the cheapest possible coilovers u can get, for a precision-handling car such as the dc2R, which is so finely-tuned in stock form.. especially if, as you say, u want to track it?

if u want good handling but are not prepared to spend money on well-designed high quality suspension, keep your suspension stock.
            if u want it to sit lower but dont want to spend much money, get a good set of springs which are matched in rate to the stock dampers eg. kg/mm dr21's, spoon prog.rate, etc.
            if u want good quality coilovers..save up more.

"What's the point of racing a car that doesn't look cool?" - Nakai-san, RWB

Comment

kg/mm springs FTW!! i got mine for $400 only

Comment

I haven't heard about D2's leaking but if they did, how was warranty in getting them fixed up?

Save up a bit more and go buddyclub's.
                happyhong says:
                aus only have 3 r
                happyhong says:
                civic R, integra R and jonnieR

Comment

i have heard that you can't rebuild D2's personally wouldnt go near them cheap imitation crap but thats my personal opinion

Comment

where are D2's made?

I personally would save up more for something decent, typeR deserves better
                    www.steve-o.com.au

Comment

They're a Taiwanese brand AFAIK...

Comment

yeah taiwan or korean made by the same ppl as g4

Comment

Zilli, you should talk to R'G regarding coilovers, he has had aquite a few setups on his ride.

In my personal experience I have tried a Spoon Fixed setup and the Mugen Low Downs, and several other US brands that are not easily available here. The best two were the Spoon's and the Mugen's.

The Mugens aren't height adjustable, but after some getting used to I have grown to love them, they just have a great feel to them when set properly.

The Mugens are comfortable if you want them to be and uber stiff if you want them to be.

The spoon non-adjustable are a great all around setup, they will take everything you can throw at them, possibly one of the best setups I have ever felt.

One thing is for sure, pay a little more get the best quality and you won't regret it, buy crap and you will wish you never purchased em.
                          /Oo ___H___ oO\
                          |=_/_______\_=|

Comment

i say you pay for what you get. if you get cheapos excpect them not to last long and not handle as well. if you pay a little more you will get a longer lasting coilover and a better handling coilover that has had money put into it for research

Comment

Go the buddy clubs 4sure. Jdm yard has a set I do believe?
                              Friends dont let friends roll on nankangs

Comment

Working...
                              X