Exedy clutch kits: Sports Organic vs Heavy Duty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exedy clutch kits: Sports Organic vs Heavy Duty

Does anyone have experience with these two clutch kits?

I use to run the sports organic but I didn't enjoy the shuddering at times and now I am tempted to try the heavy duty kit since I don't track as often as I should. I was told the heavy duty pedal feel is heavier than the organic, is it true? What are the pro's and con's apart from the price?

Some info I found on the website.
    Sports organic (an accurate description)
    The drivability will be similar to a regular clutch, however drivers may experience increased pedal effort, slight shudder and increased cabin noise due to the performance characteristics of the clutch. All of our clutch discs have high capacity sprung centre dampers to reduce the drivetrain shock and impact.

Heavy Duty
    no info..

my previous car, DC2R, had a Exedy HD 5 puk ceramic in it, and ive also driven one with a Exedy Organic, and if you dont enjoy the shudder of the organic, then the HD is probably not the clutch for you.

It is quite hard to drive and took me a while to get used to, but once i did, it was ok, but still quite a difficult drive, especially in heavy traffic conditions, steep hills, etc...it grabbed very hard...

The Sports Organic is probably the closet you will get to feeling like a standard clutch, except with abit more bite.

Comment

hmmm, my organic doesnt shudder?

hmmm, actually - i dont remember whether i got the sports or heavy duty? it is very heavy pedal - it might be the HD???

doh!

sorry ian!!!
      ... retired/

Comment

I have the Organic in my car. I can drive it smoothly, I love its feel and how it bites compared to stock. I get some clutch shudder in reverse mainly because it's dead cold when I am reversing usually, I think...
        | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the Heavy Duty clutch is the cheaper and less superior model to the Organic? I don't know if I need buttons or cushions either?

Refer below.

SPORTS TUFF Clutch Kits
          Heavy Duty Kit: HCK-6751HD
          Heavy Duty Button Kit: HCK-6751HDB
          Heavy Duty Cushion Button Kit: HCK-6751HDCB

EXEDY Racing Clutch (Made in Japan)
          Sports Organic: HCK-6751SO
          Sports Cerametallic: HCK-6751SC
          Race Cerametallic: HCK-6751RC

Comment

I've used both clutch kit before, HD is lot lighter in pedal feel but i really think HD is enough for most applications. And it's about $100 cheaper too
            For Sale:

http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...9488#post19488

Comment

i am using the Cushioned Button Sports Clutch atm

I find its not that hard to use daily. then again.. i moved from a 6 puk Brass button to this. you cant complain about shudder till you have driven with a brass =p ^_^..

but IMO i really like the cushioned button Sports Clutch, its a worthy upgrade if you have any form of torque enhancing boltons..

ohh ps. i thought the Heavy Feal was from the Preasureplate?

the PP that came with this particular clutch was somewhat heavier in feel to the previous Brass button
              Memorable quotes

Originally posted by Q_ball
              some say, his vtec was switched off on his last 4 outings at wakefield....

and that his foot comprises of only a heal and a toe...

all we know is hes called The Perry!!
              Originally posted by tinkerbell
              if those HA's are 7k old - i will eat my own arsehole...
              A wise man once said "Tok like Gay better than been like gay"

Originally posted by Wayne
              Never again complain about a honda's reliability just be glad you dont own an Alfa

Comment

kljkl
                Last edited by Yue_Will; 24-04-08, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X