Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No exhaust

hey guys..

This may be a question already asked.. but i have searched..

Has anyone unbloted there DC2R Muffler...

I like having the car quiet because it is my Daily, but if you unblolt the rear muffler to get some nice VTEC Sounds lol... do you lose much power, due to the lack of back pressure... or is it bad for the Motor??

Cheers..

I know it sounds like a silly Question... but i would not mind seeing what This thing sounds like with A straight through pipe..

cheers

darren

there are better ways of getting a louder VTEC noise out of your car then just pulling off the axle back...thats probably the last thing you'd do...

If you are after a straight pipe get a Buddy Club Sepc II (see my avatar) but i garauntee you that this is not what you want if you are using it as a daily...

Look at getting intake (J's Racing make a nice sound...cant say much about the performance gains due to heat soak issues)
    FGK Power Getter or RM01A sounds like something that will suit your needs...not loud at low RPM, but give quite a nice VTEC note up high...

Comment

Yeah i was not after a system.. or even a permanant sound... Just at the track and stuff.. Was wondering if it will increse power because of the more free flowing exhaust gases.. or if it would lose power due to No back pressure..

And also wanted to know If it will have any bad effects on the motor... Cheers for the reply man..

daz

Comment

bad effect on the driver as exhaust fumes might get into the cabin and kill you?

but to avoid this, get an exhaust shop to make a straight pipe for your axle back for "track only" driving...

it should increase power - yes.
        ... retired/

Comment

I've got an underaxle catback for sale if you're looking for something to play with see for sale section - with sound clip.
          ..:: Disciple of the DDang Driving School :: ..
          - Don't rev at me, I get scared -

Comment

Always keep the muffler on or go a side pipe if you are serious about it. Crap gets blown out thru the exhaust and the last thing you want is fuel or burnt engine oil contaminating your brakes pads, rotors, suspensions and even tyres, etc.
            _______

:: Foot To The Metal :: Full On :: All of It Or None of It ::

Comment

Working...
            X