Question on Spacers & JDM ITR rims on AUD ITR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question on Spacers & JDM ITR rims on AUD ITR

I would like to know the correct spacer size required to have JDM ITR rims (+60 offset) fitted on a AUD DC5R, with the same settings on a JDM DC5R without doing any hub conversions and adversely affecting balance\handling. I would like to replicate this factory setting.

From what I am aware of AU ITR wheels are +42 offset, but the hubs are different from JDM ITR, i dont want to change the hubs but keep the JDM ITR wheels so spacers will have to do for now until i decide to purchase new rims with better offsets.

Two things:

1. After some search, H&R spacers seems to be reputable brand in this sense, a thread in clubrsx touches on why spacers are bad:

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread...=wheel+spacers

In theory it is not a perfect setup, but it seems that the H&R hubcentric spacer setup is the way to go, it basically works by the wheel connecting to to the spacer w/ extended lugs, and that assembly connects to the hub, supposedly this is meant to be sufficient for daily driving which is what im after for now.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

2. I believe a place called tccamotorsport can source these H&R spacers but not too sure which one would suit my application, I would like to know if anyone here has got a similar setup? or has purchased any of these spacers for there DC5R:
    http://www.h-r.com/index.php
    (doesn't specify if for dc2r or dc5r, the DRM system looks ideal but only seems to come in 50mm, unless im reading this wrong??)

Any assistance would be appreciated, thanks!

Apologies if I am unknown to this forum as I have been dorment since the migration to clubitr, although I was semi active back in the Clubrsx days. I now drive a DC5R and looking to keeping it well maintained.
    sigpic

I'm pretty sure that when they state 50mm, it means 25mm on each side.

Comment

AUDM is +45 and JDM is +60...you need 15mm spacer each side to make it rite.....
      Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
      1)ブレーキを踏む
      2)クラッチを切る
      3)シフトダウンしなから、
        アクセルをぶかす
      4)クラッチをつなぐ
      :blah:
      インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
      人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

Originally posted by Sypherg View Post
        ... I now drive a DC5R and looking to keeping it well maintained.
        I sure hope you keep my old car in good Nick Paolo . But I think Air23box is correct, 15mm spacers as I have found out from the yanks on CRSX.

Comment

Thanks for your responses, leaning towards a 15mm spacer.

Revolution: No worries... worry about your new one now..
          sigpic

Comment

I was loooking at getting JDM wheels with h&r spacers, but decided against it because of the trouble. If you get 15mm spacers, I am sure the extended studs will need to be "pressed" into your existing hub. This will mean that you have to use the spacer at all times as the studs are longer.

The 25mm spacers attach onto your hub and studs just like a wheel, they come with their studs pressed into the spacer. You can eaisly remove the spacer at anytime.

h&r spacers dont come cheap either, I got quoted at around $200 for a pair of 25mm spacers.

Comment

Yes, H&R have two types which can suit DC5R, the DRS range which has the extended studs which you are referring to, not sure about pressing it, but looking at the installation instructions it looks like you will need to integrate the extended studs somehow.

The DRM range however already has the studs integrated in the spacer then attaches to the existing hub as you mention...

I am tossing up between them, it would be ideal to have 15mm, but only available in the DRS range, DRM has minimum 25mm nothing in the 15mm size from what I was told.

They are not cheap indeed, TCCMotorsport quoted me:
              DRS: $250 each pair, DRM a little more.
              sigpic

Comment

I may have the complete rear JDM hub and all you need for it shortly...let me know if you are interested...
                Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
                1)ブレーキを踏む
                2)クラッチを切る
                3)シフトダウンしなから、
                  アクセルをぶかす
                4)クラッチをつなぐ
                人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

I'll offer up my 2 cents. I haven't had the best of luck with spacers.

I used some on the MX-5 as I was running a very aggressive offset, one which couldn't clear the brakes by 3mm so I ran 5mm spacers and when I came back from Wakefield I realised I was missing a lug nut!!! Scary.

I used Weds Sport bolt on 15mm spacers on the GT-R and after a track day we couldn't get the spacers off. The design was too tricky for it's own good with some special flush mount style bolts which required you to use a special key which just wasn't strong enough. We literally had to grind off the spacer!!! That was hardcore and upset me as Weds Sports is a decent brand.

I then used 25mm bolt on spacers from Just Jap, cheap and very nasty but they used normal bolts, were a hub-centric design and worked well.
                  www.jdmstyletuning.com

Comment

Originally posted by air23box View Post
                    I may have the complete rear JDM hub and all you need for it shortly...let me know if you are interested...
                    Hey man, this the same one I sold to you? Should've just not shipped it to you. Syphergs car is my old DC5R which I sold to him about 2 weeks ago . How are the Brembo's?

Comment

nah...I got another set coming soon.....the brembos are good...thx for that bro...
                      Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
                      1)ブレーキを踏む
                      2)クラッチを切る
                      3)シフトダウンしなから、
                        アクセルをぶかす
                      4)クラッチをつなぐ

Comment

Working...
                      X