Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird noise :S

Hey guyz and girlz...

i have been searching this forum and many others for the past hour for information on a weird noise my car is making

the car is a DC2R and only has a few mod's such as: Exhaust and muffler, trust filter in stock intake box, buddy club coilovers (just fitted day before noise started 2 acure)

just thought i post the mods as i have seen in other threads with noises ppl like 2 know whats done 2 car as these mods can cause weird noises..

now 2 explain the noise!

it is like there is something loose under the car especialy on the passanger side...
    when i start my car a weird noise from the gearshifter is made along with a weird vibration/shaking....
    it makes the noise over bumps and when moving... i noticed aswell that when i have the clutch at the friction (release) point it makes the noise... but only in gear...

could it be that the g/b mount is loose or something??

or a bushing is in need of replacing.. the noise is making me paranoid and iv been looking under the car heaps 2 try figure it out but i cant!!!

i am gona put it on a hoist 2moz at work and have a proper look... but are there any things i should be looking at in specific or has this happaned 2 some1 else b4 so they could share some light?

all help would be greatly apreciated!!!

thanks, Dave
    RWD + Boost =

Originally posted by SHIFTY View Post
    Hey guyz and girlz...

i have been searching this forum and many others for the past hour for information on a weird noise my car is making

the car is a DC2R and only has a few mod's such as: Exhaust and muffler, trust filter in stock intake box, buddy club coilovers (just fitted day before noise started 2 acure)

just thought i post the mods as i have seen in other threads with noises ppl like 2 know whats done 2 car as these mods can cause weird noises..

now 2 explain the noise!

it is like there is something loose under the car especialy on the passanger side...
    when i start my car a weird noise from the gearshifter is made along with a weird vibration/shaking....
    it makes the noise over bumps and when moving... i noticed aswell that when i have the clutch at the friction (release) point it makes the noise... but only in gear...

could it be that the g/b mount is loose or something??

or a bushing is in need of replacing.. the noise is making me paranoid and iv been looking under the car heaps 2 try figure it out but i cant!!!

i am gona put it on a hoist 2moz at work and have a proper look... but are there any things i should be looking at in specific or has this happaned 2 some1 else b4 so they could share some light?

all help would be greatly apreciated!!!

thanks, Dave
    rear engine mount?

looking from the top, where the battery is, use a torch and inspect the rubber on the mount at the back of the engine under the intake manifold...
    ... retired/

Comment

i took a pic as i couldnt see it well (although pic is pritty shoking but im pritty tired )

does that look normal 2 u? it seems 2 have a slight deformation on the top??
      RWD + Boost =

Comment

Originally posted by SHIFTY View Post

i took a pic as i couldnt see it well (although pic is pritty shoking but im pritty tired )

does that look normal 2 u? it seems 2 have a slight deformation on the top??
        seems normal,

but this (circled in red) is the area that usualy splits:

Attached Files
        ... retired/

Comment

dam... the noise is making me all worried :S

rearlly wona get 2 the bottom of this...

what is something that would come from the shifter and sound like under the car but make the noise over bumps 2... hmmmm

im out of ideas unless it my gearbox mount ? which doesnt sound good! lol
          RWD + Boost =

Comment

how good is the exhaust clearance around the shifter and change rod?

is the heat shield loose?

it is weird it started just after the coil-over install?

did you do the install?

also - the factory manual should be available here:

http://www.hondahookup.com/manuals/

Honda Integra (98-01) Service Manual(55Mb PDF)

(if you don't already have it!)

where do you live? (i am at epping)

*weird noise* problems are best resolved in person, not over the internet, LOL!
            ... retired/

Comment

lol, im in bellevue hill eastern suburbs...

i didnt do the install

the exhaust is pritty weird, hahaha... Will check it out 2moz at work on a hoist.

I had it serviced and everything on sat and the coilovers installed (all done by proper lisenced mech)

Ill download the manual... havent had time 2 find one yet... thanx 4 the link
              Last edited by SHIFTY; 21-05-07, 09:11 PM.
              RWD + Boost =

Comment

a hoist makes it heaps easier to look at

if it is true the noise started after the BC sussy was installed - i would personally be checking with the person who installed them if they noticed anything? or might have an idea about the noise... (sorry if u already cheked, lol!)
                ... retired/

Comment

yer ill give them a call... although it happaned a day and a half after the install....

ur help has been greatly apreiciated tinks
                  RWD + Boost =

Comment

update:

the noise is coming from the front of the car... near the accesory's belt (battary side of engine)

what is around that area that also could make the shifter make the noise ??

i now it is from there as it when the clutch is at friction point i can make it maintain the noise... it is also made when i shake the front engine mount (black one under the grounding wire from engine to front bumper)

any1 know of any common problems in this area ?
                    RWD + Boost =

Comment

If you're saying that it you can reproduce the noise when you shake the front engine mount then maybe it's that?

Comment

Working...
                      X