DC2R Clutch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC2R Clutch

Hey guys, A few months ago I had to reverse up my friends driveway, steep mofo and hardcore angles, anyway, I fried my clutch pretty good. The good news is the clutch is not slipping at all, still chirps 2nds and thirds no problems, but the clutch grabbing point has changed, it normally starts biting as soon as I let the clutch out but now its not grabbing till the clutch is almost all the way out. Can this be adjusted back to how it was?

Thanks!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by justinfox
    You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

i dont believe there is a way to adjust that.. atleast i dont think so.

new clutches always feel like they bite more instantaneosly or sooner.. its just natural progression that the clutch will wear out over time.. and you will notice it when your try to engage the friction point.
    Memorable quotes

Originally posted by Q_ball
    some say, his vtec was switched off on his last 4 outings at wakefield....

and that his foot comprises of only a heal and a toe...

all we know is hes called The Perry!!
    Originally posted by tinkerbell
    if those HA's are 7k old - i will eat my own arsehole...
    A wise man once said "Tok like Gay better than been like gay"

Originally posted by Wayne
    Never again complain about a honda's reliability just be glad you dont own an Alfa

Comment

Originally posted by Wlee2 View Post
      i dont believe there is a way to adjust that.. atleast i dont think so.

new clutches always feel like they bite more instantaneosly or sooner.. its just natural progression that the clutch will wear out over time.. and you will notice it when your try to engage the friction point.

meh, the clutch is only 30,000kms old and hasn't been abused to the point of failure!

Quote:
      You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

Comment

There is a size-10 bolt that controls the free play distance on the clutch pedal. You have to be acrobatic and wiggle yourself into the footwell to adjust it. Though it does not control your bitting point, it may control your feel of the clutch pedal.

hope that helps.
        _______

:: Foot To The Metal :: Full On :: All of It Or None of It ::

Comment

its a hydraulic clutch so it isnt adjustable.

If it is still biting to the point of creating traction issues between gears then there is nothing wrong. I do understand your issue of the friction point because i prefer it lower too, but theres no ability to adjust.

Comment

it is adjustable

2 nuts (not together) behind the pedal,

need a bit of brain to figure out which to screw in and whihc to screw out.

Comment

I would try bleeding the clutch at the slave cylinder first. See if that improves the feel before f**king around with any bolts.

I've never needed to "adjust" my clutch due to overheating it temporarily...
              | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

Hi All, sorry to dig up an old thread. Using search y'know.

I replaced my clutch no joke 3 weeks ago. Exedy HD.

Was biting really well and Mid way between the pedal. Now its gone back to where it initially was, right at the top...

its not wear and tear since it is not even old.

I am seriously thinking of replacing the Clutch master Cylinder/Slave as all fluids were changed as well.

Any other updates from adjustments?

Comment

I'd leave it at the top. Thats a good point I reckon.

Quote:

Comment

Working...
                  X