Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

changing clutch, what about flywheels?

Hi all
    I am considering changing my clutch soon as it is worn out, i was thinking of chaing it to Exedy Heavy Duty Clutch. My question is should i also change the flywheel as well? At the moment i'm not sure should i change it or not and which flywheel should i get if i decide to change the flywheel as well?

Thanks

One Word ....... "TODA".
    sigpic
    B.L.A.T Racing.
    Brake Late & Turn.

Comment

I'm extremely happy with my Toda Flywheel / Exedy Organic combo.

The flywheel is a great bang-for-buck mod. Feels great to drive, response is improved for rev matching etc too.
      | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

since you got the gearbox off and doing the clutch you might as well throw in a lightened flywheel while your there =P..

i heart nice things about Toda flywheels.. ..
        Memorable quotes

Originally posted by Q_ball
        some say, his vtec was switched off on his last 4 outings at wakefield....

and that his foot comprises of only a heal and a toe...

all we know is hes called The Perry!!
        Originally posted by tinkerbell
        if those HA's are 7k old - i will eat my own arsehole...
        A wise man once said "Tok like Gay better than been like gay"

Originally posted by Wayne
        Never again complain about a honda's reliability just be glad you dont own an Alfa

Comment

while its out, look into changing your final drive if you think its suitable to your driving style.

Comment

You can either look at machining/lightening your stock flywheel or go an aftermarket flywheel. I went the Spoon LW flywheel (4.2kg) with the Exedy Organic HD clutch kit combo with new spigot and throw-out bearings included. Its an excellent combo and works very well. Engine is reving alot quickier and it will take about 500k - 1000k to fully run-in before you get to enjoy the full impact of the kit. I would recommend changing your gearbox fluid and flushing your clutch fluid at the same time.

Changing to a lighten flywheel is not really a 'must' thing to do but majority would prefer that option since the gearbox is out anyway. If you do intent to keep the stock flywheel, make sure its machined before putting in the new clutch.

enjoy
            _______

:: Foot To The Metal :: Full On :: All of It Or None of It ::

Comment

ATS 5.05 final drive while your going the clutch/flywheel

Comment

i can also vouch for the today and sports organic exedy combo

very nice, quicker shifts, quicker revving, easier rev matching, the only thing is i cant pull fully sick 2nds and 3rds as easy as i used to be able too
                Last edited by Zilli; 20-05-07, 11:42 AM.

Comment

what about the Exedy lighten flywheel guys? Why do people get the Toda flywheel instead of the Exedy one? They both weight around the same if I'm not wrong.

Comment

i have the exedy ultralite flywheel, which is 3.9kg's, and also the ceramic clutch, seriously better than OEM, but isnt meant for daily peakhour....

have had these now for maybe 6 years, i still stall the darned thing..hehehe the grab is so short and light that there is no forgiveness you get in std clutch..... i have also have glazing so there is a lot of sqeaks during peak hour clutching on slow takeoffs.....Hanny's have advised me to treat it mean to keep it clean....lol....

Comment

Originally posted by Rexxy View Post
                      i have the exedy ultralite flywheel, which is 3.9kg's, and also the ceramic clutch, seriously better than OEM, but isnt meant for daily peakhour....

have had these now for maybe 6 years, i still stall the darned thing..hehehe the grab is so short and light that there is no forgiveness you get in std clutch..... i have also have glazing so there is a lot of sqeaks during peak hour clutching on slow takeoffs.....Hanny's have advised me to treat it mean to keep it clean....lol....
                      6 years! No way!

I remember you talking about that a while ago, but I've only had my car 5 years and it certainly wasn't that long ago!
                      | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

Working...
                      X