Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HID DIY for DC2R??

Hey,

I was wondering if anyone could link me to a DIY HID install for a DC2R? I can only find one in regards to the DC5S.

Cheers

Here you go

http://www.team-integra.net/sections...?ArticleID=826
    CARSFORHOPE

Comment

http://www.skafia.com/itr/hid/

............Although I'm guessing you're after a more simple PnP kit install? These are pretty simple... the hardest part is mounting the ballasts. Generally all the wiring is pretty much done for you. Swap the bulbs, plug the ballast into the bulb, then into your existing headlight wiring... mount the ballast somewhere and you're done.
      | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

cheers guys!

will give it ago as soon as i decide which kit i should get.

so basically swap the bulbs, the wiring part i had trouble understanding... so you cut the black (negative) wire off the OEM harness and plug it to the new one? And removing the front bar isn't necessary is it ? Where'd you have your ballists mounted?

Would i be needing the standard OEM harness? cause one of mine is fried.

Comment

Originally posted by wu` View Post
          cheers guys!

will give it ago as soon as i decide which kit i should get.

so basically swap the bulbs, the wiring part i had trouble understanding... so you cut the black (negative) wire off the OEM harness and plug it to the new one? And removing the front bar isn't necessary is it ? Where'd you have your ballists mounted?

Would i be needing the standard OEM harness? cause one of mine is fried.
          Step 1: Remove your old bulbs.

Step 2: Cut the connector off the loom and attach the wiring supplied in the HID kit to your loom.

Step 3: Mount the ballast...where ever you want...there is no set place you have to mount it. If you want a neat engine bay, take the front bar off and mount them behind the guards or something. If you dont mind, mount them somewhere in your engine bay. Entirely up to you.

Step 4: Clean up the wiring if you desire.

Step 5: Plug the bulb into the socket at the other end of the wiring loom provided and twist the bulb into the housing.

Its as easy as that...as i said, there is no set way you have to do it. Depends if you want it neat, and if the wiring provided is long enough, if you are capable of doing it properly, etc etc...
          You can go real clean and hide everything under the bar and guards, or just cable tie everything in the engine bay...as i said, entirely up to you how you do it...

Comment

thanks leslie

Comment

I would recommend mounting them not inside the engine bay...not that there is anything wrong with that but I did it and it...well...looks plain ugly as LOL

Comment

Originally posted by hebe View Post
                I would recommend mounting them not inside the engine bay...not that there is anything wrong with that but I did it and it...well...looks plain ugly as LOL
                oh, there is one slight problem with putting them in the engine bay...thats water!
                If water gets in the ballast, you'll need to replace them.
                I advise using some chdm (china ) plastic shrink wrap around the ballast and also mounting them somewhere water will find hard to get to so to ballasts are safe from water.

Comment

Originally posted by Leslie R View Post
                  oh, there is one slight problem with putting them in the engine bay...thats water!
                  If water gets in the ballast, you'll need to replace them.
                  I advise using some chdm (china ) plastic shrink wrap around the ballast and also mounting them somewhere water will find hard to get to so to ballasts are safe from water.
                  Yeah I had to do that in the DC2...I placed it inside a sandwich bag and taped it up so water couldn't get in...hahahah

Comment

Do i need to be disconnecting the battery for safety purposes ?

Also any idea how much it is to get them installed properly by a professional ?

Comment

Do i need to be disconnecting the battery for safety purposes ?
                      no, its like changing bulbs, you dont need to d/c battery to do that.

Also any idea how much it is to get them installed properly by a professional?
                      probably 2-3 hundred id be guessing...something not worth paying for such a simple job.

Comment

hm... do you need the standard oem harness ? plus my negative wire is fried as well... better off taking it to an auto electrician to get the wire fixed and the original oem harness replaced? any recommended auto electricians around the canterbury/bankstown area?
                        Last edited by SPL_K; 11-05-07, 01:03 AM.

Comment

hm... do you need the standard oem harness ? plus my negative wire is fried as well... better off taking it to an auto electrician to get the wire fixed and the original oem harness replaced? any recommended auto electricians around the canterbury/bankstown area?
                          the oem headlight harness is not separable from the engine harness, ie, if you want to replace the small fried area, your looking at $1000+ on the harness itself, not including labour.
                          Recomendation? Cut the fried up part off and solder the HID harness to it or another piece of wire to extend it to near original length.

Comment

Working...
                          X