This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Petrol question

Hi i bought my car like 2 days ago and i totally forgot to ask the seller about which fuel it was using before i had it.
    And so i filled it up with just the normal unleaded....i knew i wasnt suppose to but i didn't have a phone on me either...couldn't contact the seller.
    Its ok to make this kind of mistake once yer? coz i dun want anything wrong happening to the car!!

anyway i asked the seller today and he told me to use W30 or W40 fully semectick(sorry about the spelling)
    and he said i can get it in any petrol station...
    But i don't really understand what he means by W30 or W40 fully semectrick
    cause i thought petrol station only have unleaded, deisel and some other one can't remember

Originally posted by rcdc.2 View Post
    Hi i bought my car like 2 days ago and i totally forgot to ask the seller about which fuel it was using before i had it.
    And so i filled it up with just the normal unleaded....i knew i wasnt suppose to but i didn't have a phone on me either...couldn't contact the seller.
    Its ok to make this kind of mistake once yer? coz i dun want anything wrong happening to the car!!

anyway i asked the seller today and he told me to use W30 or W40 fully semectick(sorry about the spelling)
    cause i thought petrol station only have unleaded, deisel and some other one can't remember
    As for which FUEL you are using ... it is on a sticker inside your fuel filler flap.

"PREMIUM UNLEADED ONLY"

If the sticker is not there it should be printed in your owners manual.

As for what the owner is telling you, he's talking about oils.... and it's "synthetic" he's referring to... not "semectrick"...
    | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

Originally posted by freakygeek View Post
      As for which FUEL you are using ... it is on a sticker inside your fuel filler flap.

"PREMIUM UNLEADED ONLY"

If the sticker is not there it should be printed in your owners manual.

As for what the owner is telling you, he's talking about oils.... and it's "synthetic" he's referring to... not "semectrick"...
      So what pertol do i use? Any Premium Unleaded??

OIL? i asked him about petrol??

Comment

So what pertol do i use? Any Premium Unleaded??
        Yes

OIL? i asked him about petrol??
        Perhaps you did!

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

Originally posted by freakygeek View Post
          Yes

Perhaps you did!
          gona go fill up now thanks

Comment

I wouldn't be doing too much hard driving on standard unleaded... it may cause "pinging" due to its lower octane rating. As soon as you've used say, half of the tank, fill it with 98.

Comment

gona go fill up now thanks
              so this + your brake rotor question seems to show you bought a car???

any chance for an introductions thread?
              ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
                so this + your brake rotor question seems to show you bought a car???

any chance for an introductions thread?
                yeh sure but i don't know weather to show any pics yet coz my car is pretty scrappy ( bodys got like 20 scraches and a few dints ) getting it respray next week

Comment

this car dosn't happen to be red... and was a bargin was it....

seems like you have ALOT of reading to do my friend... cause these are all basic things my ex-gf knew.

Comment

Originally posted by 45SET View Post
                    this car dosn't happen to be red... and was a bargin was it....

seems like you have ALOT of reading to do my friend... cause these are all basic things my ex-gf knew.
                    no not red its black

Comment

have fun... black is one of those cars you have to REALLY look after... wash it once a week and park it under cover.

if there is any bird shit or tree sap, wash it off... STRAIGHT AWAY, or else it'll mark the car.

sorry for scaring you.

Comment

I have a black car, haven't washed it in more than 2 months, it's always outside as well
                        I am a lesbian trapped inside a male body

Comment

Originally posted by vtml View Post
                          I have a black car, haven't washed it in more than 2 months, it's always outside as well
                          Polished up my lil black one yesterday, the whole treatment. Damn it depressing when you find all the marks on it that the dirt lovingly colours.

And as for the remark about the bird poopy, I'm keep a bottle of water and a cloth in the boot.

Comment

I know i'll be sounding like a complete prick but, should someone who doesn't know:
                            1. whether or not his car takes diesel, LPG, unleaded & premium unleaded fuels
                            2. doesn't know how to distinguish between oils and fuels,
                            be driving a high-maintainance and performance-oriented car such as the dc2r?

I do realise that he has every right to drive a dc2r like you and me, but as a first car, isn't the dc2r a big step for a car noob?
                            Wakefield 1:14.5640 - DC2R

Comment

Its ok to make this kind of mistake once yer?
                              if your brave enough to admit your stupidity....then i guess so

honestly though, you might wanna start reading up on simple things like what petrol a car uses....as said earlier it's on the inside of the fuel cap or owners manual, geez even the servo attendant would have known...plus any 'performance' car uses PULP.....i think even my little sister would have known that!?
                              ITR #01-0141

“If Honda does not race there is no Honda.” Soichiro Honda

Comment

Working...
                              X