Squeeky window seals...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Squeeky window seals...

I remember on ClubRSX there was a thread that someone posted RE they having squeeky window seals...

IE that when they open and close the window, it had a squeeking sound...

Question is, does anyone know what to use? I used WD40 previously on my DC2R but I know that it's not good to use that so obviously I want to know what the proper solution is.

TIA

Try using some AmorAll.

Comment

could be as simple as cleaning your windows. could be a lil dirty or some wax residue on it. just a thought as this happened to my car recently and went away after wiping down the windows.

Comment

something else found on the net:

Q: I have a 2001 Ford Escape with 66,000 mile on it. Just recently the driver side power window began to squeak (sounds like finger nails scratching a chalkboard). It first began just when I rolled the window up when it was wet. Now it squeaks when rolling it up or down, wet or dry, in hot or cold weather. I've tried cleaning some of the weather striping with a cloth around a credit card to brush out any debris, but that hasn't worked. Is there anything I can do to stop this annoying scratching/squeaking sound?

A: Silicone spray on the gaskets and in the channels where the window goes up and down.

Comment

Silicone spray FTW!

I just get a can of it with the little tube on the end so I don't make a mess... do both window tracks and you should cure it
          | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

Just use Silicone spray dude, apply every 2-3 months just spray in the vertical channels and clean it first
            Last edited by PolitoHood; 04-05-07, 04:58 PM.
            Nankangs, Better than Your-Mums-Cans

* Please note, I hate Nankangs.

Comment

Yeah silicon spray will fix it up.
              happyhong says:
              aus only have 3 r
              happyhong says:
              civic R, integra R and jonnieR

Comment

any particular brands u guys can recommend, i currently have the same problem too...

edit: nvm, figured wd-40 would be the go lol
                Last edited by ryan_GTI; 03-05-07, 06:27 PM.
                sif it's a girls car
                sigpic

Comment

WD-40 is rarely ever the go...
                  "No Matter that you have a PhD and have read all of Henry James twice. If you still persist in writing, "Good food at it's best", you deserve to be struck by lightning, hacked up on the spot and buried in an unmarked grave" (Truss, 2003, p.44).

Comment

oh really? ... do you have a recommendation? and does silicon spray attract dusts?
                    sif it's a girls car
                    sigpic

Comment

Any silicon spray man, go to bunnings. get the cheapest one. Just make sure you clean the Tracks b4 you spray. i have tried cheap expensive they all do the same thing.i think im sticking with the $5.00 one from bunnings.

To clean use a cloth with a ruler in it , to get the dirt deep in the track. use some car wash(soapy water) or even just water, then use the little nozzle attachment and spray as much as you like in the Vertical channel but not to much on the top one. test your window and then clean the windows cause it leaves like oil marks on the glass.
                      Does not attract dust. but if you spray a sh*t load making it wet and then opening your vacuum cleaner on it and changing the filter. then it mite!
                      Nankangs, Better than Your-Mums-Cans

* Please note, I hate Nankangs.

Comment

Working...
                      X