Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gruppe M for dc2r?

Hi all
    i've been seeing people talking about Gruppe M with dc5r, but i am wondering does Gruppe M make intakes for dc2r?
    if so how much do they cost?

Thanks

mugen is the way to go, since you have a dc2.

Comment

but i herd mugen is a quiet intake, it is as good as Gruppe M, but just more silent

Comment

Yes they make it for DC2R. Check the gruppem website. Edw-R had this intake in his DC2R before and had good gains.
        CARSFORHOPE

Comment

gruppem for dc2 is sh*t i heard, nothing spectacular compared to the dc5
          GruppeM Australian Distributor
          w. http://xposed.com.au

Comment

Why is it crap XP02ED? Have you used it before? If you haven't then please don't comment on a product in which you have not used before on a DC2R

Comment

My understanding is that the Gruppe M for the dc2r is more like a partially enclosed SRI, where the Gruppe M for the dc5r is an enclosed airbox. With enclosed airboxes usually being the best compromise (potentially legal, good performance improvement and minimal chance of hydrolock, but usually more $$$) it is best to get the mugen intake for the dc2r, which is an enclosed airbox.

Please people don't just say something is good or bad without providing some reason why that is the case. Otherwise the forum will eventually be filled with useless drivel, which is concerning in the technical section of the forum.
              Last edited by BF; 02-05-07, 08:34 PM.
              "No Matter that you have a PhD and have read all of Henry James twice. If you still persist in writing, "Good food at it's best", you deserve to be struck by lightning, hacked up on the spot and buried in an unmarked grave" (Truss, 2003, p.44).

Comment

someone just got defected for a mugen airbox in a dc2 LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Jingers View Post
                  Really? I was let go numerous times with the Mugen intake - I did, however, say potentially legal. For most modifications you would be best to get compliance papers if you don't want to be hassled.
                  "No Matter that you have a PhD and have read all of Henry James twice. If you still persist in writing, "Good food at it's best", you deserve to be struck by lightning, hacked up on the spot and buried in an unmarked grave" (Truss, 2003, p.44).

Comment

Anyone know what constitutes a legal aftermarket airbox? Tinkerbell?

Comment

lol heres something u might find intresting :

http://ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61049&page=2

and this reg gruppem

http://ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65350

my mate has a dc2R, with a mugen, and its tops ;D
                      GruppeM Australian Distributor
                      w. http://xposed.com.au

Comment

Originally posted by Jingers View Post
                        anything that is not original equipment is "defectable".

but just casue a police officer defects you doesnt mean that it is "illegal".

the police force are not automotive engineers.
                        ... retired/

Comment

get a Mugen for your DC2R for ~$860au shipped from:

http://www.nengun.com/mugen/intake-honda-integra-dc2
                          ... retired/

Comment

so people recommend the Mugen over the gruppe m for dc2r?
                            because i was thinking of getting a mugen or gruppe m intake and was just wondering which one is better as i've heard good result from the gruppe m.

Comment

Most people on this forum will recommend the Mugen airbox for the very reasons I outlined above.

Comment

Working...
                              X