No announcement yet.

Gruppe M for dc2r?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

digging an old thread here, but some places i've read, it states that mugen cannot be used if you have a/c..can anyone confirm this?
    any info on how to fit mugen with a/c would be appriciated.

Comment

Well from what seen on forums, ppl seem to love the Mugen over the GruppeM for DC2R

But for the DC5R, they love the GruppeM more than the Mugen lol

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
      Horse power is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."

Comment

Originally posted by j3i View Post
        digging an old thread here, but some places i've read, it states that mugen cannot be used if you have a/c..can anyone confirm this?
        any info on how to fit mugen with a/c would be appriciated.
        i dunno about other cars..
        but for dc2.. i would find it quite hard for the Airbox to get in the way of any AC lines since the AC compressor condensor is to the right of the enginebay.. and condensor is in the front bar"ish"...

neway i believe most mugen stuff gets made to be compatible with most things on the car..

ohh and im pretty certain the mugen airbox will fit the dc5 without loosing ac..
        Memorable quotes

Originally posted by Q_ball
        some say, his vtec was switched off on his last 4 outings at wakefield....

and that his foot comprises of only a heal and a toe...

all we know is hes called The Perry!!
        Originally posted by tinkerbell
        if those HA's are 7k old - i will eat my own arsehole...
        A wise man once said "Tok like Gay better than been like gay"

Originally posted by Wayne
        Never again complain about a honda's reliability just be glad you dont own an Alfa

Comment

Mugen airbox for DC5 fits with AC.

I know because i have one.

But this is bout dc2r and Ive seen someone who had the Mugen intake and had AC.

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
          Horse power is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."

Comment

yes mugen airbox fits dc2r without taking out ac

Comment

Originally posted by Jingers View Post
              yes mugen airbox fits dc2r without taking out ac
              i own a dc2r and have mugen intake... and yes.... ac is still in the car
              http://kingtan.com.au

Comment

i've read some diy thread, that the person installing the mugen box has to move the a/c lines around abit.
                anyone who has one in a dc2r had to do the same, or its a 100% bolt in affair?
                cheers

Comment

this have been discussed before and no... no need to move the a/c line...
                  http://kingtan.com.au

Comment

i've read some diy thread, that the person installing the mugen box has to move the a/c lines around abit.
                    anyone who has one in a dc2r had to do the same, or its a 100% bolt in affair?
                    cheers
                    the person installing the mugen box has to move the a/c lines around abit<<<<<=== this apply to the LHD car only.
                    my last dc2r had mugen box installed no problem .

Comment

i have researched this intake for my dc2r. on the gruppeM website there is a piccie of this intake. looks nice imo. but it is sucking air from directly ahead ie from the back of the radiator overflow bottle, dunno how effective this is compared to the mugen intake which, similar to the standard airbox, has a duct from below/to the side feeding the intake.
                      here is a piccie of the gruppeM intake:

"What's the point of racing a car that doesn't look cool?" - Nakai-san, RWB

Comment

Mugen for DC2R seems to be the "ultimate" intake solution bar going to ITB's.

Ignore anything people have said about the AC lines being a problem, as others have said that ONLY applies to LHD US spec cars. AC lines are nowhere near the intake in our RHD cars.
                        | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

cools thx for the info. much appriciated..
                          now its just thinking..900 or 1k for a intake...
                          or diy.

Comment

cools thx for the info. much appriciated..
                            now its just thinking..900 or 1k for a intake...
                            or diy.
                            "Quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten"
                            | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

Bring up a old thread now. Whos got a GruppeM intake in their dc2R
                              ek9-->ED civic--> eg--> S2K-->JDM DC2R-->EP3

Comment

Working...
                              X