trolley jack place

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trolley jack place

just wanna know where is a good place to jack up the car from the front.

tried the tow point behind the front bar... it seems to sqeaks alot. anyone have any suggestions

I usually jack the front up from the doors, then put jack stands underneath the two front tow hooks.
    I hope I have been doing this right
    I am a lesbian trapped inside a male body

Comment

hehe always a problem, esp with lowered height. i usually have to drive onto planks of wood just to get the trolley jack under..

i try to jack using the correct jacking points along the underside sill, and then either the front tow-line hook or occasionally rear suspension arm mounting point to the chassis (very carefully..)
      "What's the point of racing a car that doesn't look cool?" - Nakai-san, RWB

Comment

yeah i have to do the plank of wood move too =P
        Farewell TYP88R

Comment

so front tow hook is the best place to go for?

what i do is, handbrake on, bricks behind the rear wheels. Jack up the front tow point, put the two pin stands under the car front of the door. release jack and let the car sit on the stands. Is this the best way to go for?

Comment

put a blcok of wood on top of your jack... if you have enough height...

than way those little teeth thingys dont indent you chassis..but those teeth might be there for saftey...lol

Comment

the problem i m having is that as the jack goes higher, the tow hook seems to slide away from the center point of the jack as it goes higher and gets an angle.

am i being paranoid or is it just normal

Comment

Originally posted by dark138

what i do is, handbrake on, bricks behind the rear wheels. Jack up the front tow point, put the two pin stands under the car front of the door. release jack and let the car sit on the stands. Is this the best way to go for?
                thats what i do.

if u want to raise the car on 4 stands, ie all 4 wheels off the ground, its a bit of a pain in the ass..
                "What's the point of racing a car that doesn't look cool?" - Nakai-san, RWB

Comment

this is what i do...
                  ... retired/

Comment

the problem i m having is that as the jack goes higher, the tow hook seems to slide away from the center point of the jack as it goes higher and gets an angle.

am i being paranoid or is it just normal
                    is it a trolly jack? you need a jack on rolling wheels,

as the car goes up, the angle changes, and the jack needs to move *with the chassis* to stay safe...
                    ... retired/

Comment

I wouldn't jack up anycar or stand it on the tow point.
                      Tow points are used for towing the car on to a flatbed or as tie downs when being shipped.

They aren't rated to support the weight of the car. So becareful if you do use it.
                      happyhong says:
                      aus only have 3 r
                      happyhong says:
                      civic R, integra R and jonnieR

Comment

on the dc2, there is a cross member that runs parallel with the radiator, there is a spot right in the centre that you can jack from, i would recomment this over the tow hooks.

i would be worried about the tow hook bending and giving way

Comment

hmmm, i disagree, i think there is more risk to the integrity of the chassis by jacking at that point...

the front tow hooks are fixed directly to the chassis rails, and are 7-8mm thick steel plate held on by 3 flange style high tensile bolts..
                          ... retired/

Comment

the tow hooks are 2-3 tiems thicker than the metal protrusion that is the "jacking point" under the doors...
                            ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell
                              hmmm, i disagree, i think there is more risk to the integrity of the chassis by jacking at that point...

the front tow hooks are fixed directly to the chassis rails, and are 7-8mm thick steel plate held on by 3 flange style high tensile bolts..
                              The thing is, you don't know what the 3 bolts are exactly rated to
                              maybe we should all invest in a hoist
                              happyhong says:
                              aus only have 3 r
                              happyhong says:
                              civic R, integra R and jonnieR

Comment

Working...
                              X