• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
    pics please, or i WILL ban you...
    maybe in 2 weeks, when we go testing for the bridgestone re55s

Comment

whenever... it is jsut quite an interesting set-up...
      ... retired/

Comment

pretty cheap when you look at it overall too tinks

Comment

exactly...
          ... retired/

Comment

I'll be doing DC5R front JDM Brembos calipers with S2000 DBA 4000 series
            300mm slotted rotors on the DC2. Looking for rims to suit. any suggestions?

Comment

RBF600... when I change it by hand it feels great.. when letting a mechanic do it it seems to get air in it :|

Comment

i have spoon twinblock 4 pots with braided front lines on one DC2R

and another DC2r with just braided lines all round and better pads.

stock calipers actually feels better and stops harder than spoons.

also experience this in a eg5 b4. braided lines makes a world of difference.

ed.

Comment

If you have high temp high grip pads on stock calipers and crappy ones on the spoons im sure the stock ones probably would perform better.
                  Why dont you change your crappy pads to light race / winding pads like Endless SSS or CCX im sure you will change your mind then.

BTW what do you guys mean by changing brake fluid by hand? As in your more careful compared to the mechanic. Do you need some sort of special pump to change or not. Excuse my ignorance
                  Last edited by macoman69; 01-06-07, 05:32 PM.

Comment

i think he is referin to opening and closing nipple by hand rather than a vacuum sucker on the nipple driven by airline.

Comment

Originally posted by macoman69 View Post
                      BTW what do you guys mean by changing brake fluid by hand? As in your more careful compared to the mechanic. Do you need some sort of special pump to change or not. Excuse my ignorance
                      we (the people who do it by hand) mean we are more careful and more diligent...
                      ... retired/

Comment

i have bn very happy with my setup for trackdays / winding road / daily driving..
                        it is:

*honda brake fluid
                        *endless/zeal streight6 slotted rotors (front) / stock rotors (rear)
                        (stock front rotors needed replacing and new stockies were same price as endless slotted!)
                        *endless na-r pads (front and rear)

disadvantage of braided lines is that u cant inspect for cracks the way u can stock lines. however they do apparently improve 'feel' of the brake pedal..not worth it imo.
                        in terms of brake fluid i havnt tried any other, but see no reason to change from the stock honda fluid as it seems to cope incredibly well. (compared to stock fluids of other makes, eg mitsubishi - wink wink funkyR).
                        keeping in mind mallala is one of the hardest circuits on brakes in australia (according to some seasoned racing drivers who happened to be instructing on our last track day), and the fact that i am running s-tyres (RE55's) which are more demanding on the brake setup, and i have had no fade and great feel/performance and consistency with my setup even after 5 or 6 hard laps!
                        and of course on winding-road drives the brakes are confidence-inspiring also.
                        ..i beleive a setup similar to mine is sufficient for this type of use
                        "What's the point of racing a car that doesn't look cool?" - Nakai-san, RWB

Comment

Working...
                        X