Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Header fitment

Hey all...

Well i FINALLY got a whiteline front sway bar (and a rear one to )... so i can FINALLY fit my DC5r JDM headers.

So... i'm going to getting a mechanic friend of mine to fix a CV, fit the sways, and maybe the headers.

I have read in a few other threads where people that get new headers that there is a gasket that is needed.

So... i just want to know what gasket/s i'll need to fit the headers proberly. and If i can get these items from Honda..... If you have the part number/s that would also be awesome.

Thanks again guys.

Robi

u may need a new exhaust manifold gasket (one between the engine and the header) from Honda if ur car has fair bit of mileage. The gasket on my car was still very new with ~25000kms on it. Anyway I have ordered one from honda last week and it costs ~$25 and takes about 1 week to arrive. I can post up the part number later when i get home.

U will also need a center pipe and header gasket, this gasket cannot be source from honda because the shape of the joint are slightly different.
    Last edited by endymiony2k; 14-04-07, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by endymiony2k View Post

U will also need a center pipe and header gasket, this gasket cannot be source from honda because the shape of the joint are slightly different.
      ????

Comment

I was talking about the gasket that joins between the B-pipe and the header. You may need that new gasket when u're installing on the car if u have got a 2nd hand header..

Comment

Originally posted by prusso
          sorry for the random question, but did u get ur headers new and if so where cos im interested in getting some
          A friend of mine got a JDM front cut.... he put it in a AH Civic... so didn't need it.

i'll have to check out if the 4-2 to the 2-1 pipes have a gasket, otherwise i'll have to look into it.

thanks endymiony2k, a part number would be really helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by endymiony2k View Post
            I was talking about the gasket that joins between the B-pipe and the header. You may need that new gasket when u're installing on the car if u have got a 2nd hand header..
            hmm.... if i remember correctly... after the headers, its the cat, followed by the bpipe... the cat n bpipe is parted by a gasket which is provided when you purchase any aftermarket cat-back system... id doubt that gasket needs replacing when changing to aftermarket headers as its one thick piece of metal...

Comment

If you want to reuse the existing gasket for the header joint, it's recommended that you clean the existing gasket and seal it with some sort of glue to the gasket to prevent any leak possibilities.

Comment

Originally posted by 3r1k View Post
                If you want to reuse the existing gasket for the header joint, it's recommended that you clean the existing gasket and seal it with some sort of glue to the gasket to prevent any leak possibilities.
                yeah.. use gasket sealer.... you can buy it from any auto store... the best way of removing the existing gasket without it cracking is by slowly scrapping it off with a razor blade..

Comment

Just wondering what's the gain between AUDM and JDM header?
                  For Sale:

http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...9488#post19488

Comment

I want to know more about it as well, hehe
                    08 GE8 Jazz VTI

Comment

45SET, the honda dc5 exhaust manifold gasket part number is :18115-PRB-A01. Cheers

Comment

AUDM: 4-1
                        JDM: 4-2-1 tuned length

the gains arn't going to be huge, but the design is better then the AUDM ones, and for the price i got them for (4 times cheaper then 2nd hand toda headers) its worth it.

endymiony2k thanks HEAPS for that, i'll get onto it 2morrow.

oh and also thanks to the 3r1k and CK1 for the tips.

If i get them fitted this weekend (dependent on gasket) i'll give a reveiw.

thanks again to all.

Robi

Comment

CK1, the gasket between the center pipe and cat doesnt supply with the aftermarket catback, at least for mugen twin-loop. i have a mugen catback and the gasket between the cat and the b-pipe was not supplied with i bought them. Also take a look of this pic, the toda header comes with the gasket join between the center pipe and the original flex pipe triangular joint.

http://supergt.com.hk/full/MUTODC5M.jpg

Comment

???

Comment

my fujitsubo powergetter came with that gasket

Comment

Working...
                              X