DC2-R not burning oil?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC2-R not burning oil?

I have replaced my oil in my integra around 1.5 months ago and have since driven 3000kms... As a previous owner of VTEC engines (H22A), I know that it is a good idea to check the oil levels on a weekly/fortnightly basis... The weird thing is that my DC2-R hasn't lost any oil in the last 3000 kms of driving it... I hit VTEC at least once a day, so its not exactly that I am am babying the car....

I am using Mobile XHP Plus 15-W40 at the moment. Any suggestions?
    I'll eat your RICE with my SPOON!

this is probably a good thing. I have Motul turbolite 10-40 in my dc2r and it hardly took a drop of oil.

as long as your engine revs smoothly across the range, i wouldn't worry too much about it...
    _______

:: Foot To The Metal :: Full On :: All of It Or None of It ::

Comment

not all DC2 R's burn oil. mine doesn't. Just consider it a good thing
      /Oo ___H___ oO\
      |=_/_______\_=|

Comment

ahhh that is some good news...
        I'll eat your RICE with my SPOON!

Comment

congrats on the purchase, nice to find out it is not an oil guzzler too :0

and why not VTEC more than once a day???
          ... retired/

Comment

mine burnt oil using motul 4100, now im using motul 300V 15w50 and not one single problem

Comment

i thought i did until i relised i was checking it too quick ... i didnt wait for the several min..

now its fine on OEM... what a noob i was

Project: Machine myself a heavy gear knob

Comment

Originally posted by TOU93 View Post
                mine burnt oil using motul 4100, now im using motul 300V 15w50 and not one single problem
                would 15-50 b too thick??

how long have u used this type of oil for..

Comment

i using 10W-60 at the moment... (was only racign oil available at the time)

it does feel a bit too thick...

but used 15w-50 for most of the time and it didnt feel too thick...

going to 10W-40 at next change, so i am sure it will feel much better...

but my car does not burn oil at all with eitehr the 10w-60 or 15w-50...
                  ... retired/

Comment

My DC2R with 87,000kms doesn't burn oil at all on street driving but does burn a little at Eastern Creek. Hardly uses any at Oran Park or Wakefield. Always used Mobil 1 5w-50.
                    http://www.worldvision.com.au http://ww.compassion.com.au

Comment

My cars pretty old.. i use Motul Turbo Lite 10w40.. so far i havent neeeded to top it up yet.... but having said that with age its a bit more common to have oil burn a little bit.. i would think the thicker oils protect the engine far better than thinner ones =P.. i should try something thicker hehe.. just to see the effects..
                      Memorable quotes

Originally posted by Q_ball
                      some say, his vtec was switched off on his last 4 outings at wakefield....

and that his foot comprises of only a heal and a toe...

all we know is hes called The Perry!!
                      Originally posted by tinkerbell
                      if those HA's are 7k old - i will eat my own arsehole...
                      A wise man once said "Tok like Gay better than been like gay"

Originally posted by Wayne
                      Never again complain about a honda's reliability just be glad you dont own an Alfa

Comment

Originally posted by CIV73C View Post
                        would 15-50 b too thick??

how long have u used this type of oil for..
                        ive used it since i got the car in Aug last year, my mechanic recomended it cos of the way i drive it and the heat up here in qld to give it just a bit of protection, when i finnaly get my oil cooler i will prolly go 10w-40 for street 15w-50 for the track

Comment

Working...
                        X