Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC5r: Front grill removal

Hey all

Well the teg mods seem to have stepped up a gear..... finnally got rid of the K&N SRI.... and got myself a ........ Mugen intake .

very happy with the intake, there is actually mid range power (), and it just looks awesome.

So while installing it my brother and i attempted to take the black grill off.

We undid the 6 or so screw things at the top..... took 2 screws out of the back side... and it still wouldn't come off. By the looks of things there is 2 more screws on the back of the honda badge.

Just wondering how i get the grill off..... or how i get the front bar off for easy access to the back of the honda badge.

thanks for your help

Robi

basically you got the 6 screws on the top
    1 screw on each side of the bumper
    2 bolts under the bumper
    and 4 screws under the bumper again
    then another 2 screws(like the top ones) on each side at the bottom

if that makes sense.. thats to remove the front..
    after taking all the screws the front bar has clips too/. just need to push the bumper out ;D dont force it
    GruppeM Australian Distributor
    w. http://xposed.com.au

Comment

ok sounds like i'm having some fun this weekend

there is no right ups about it?

Comment

taking it off is the easy part. Its putting it back on by yourself which is tricky (but not hard).

this thread gives you a step by step on how to take off the front bumper which the grill is connected to (not sure how ur gonna remove just the grill).

Have fun: http://www.clubrsx.com/merchant.mvc?...y_Code=SSIIHID

Comment

hey rob, i'll be taking my front bumper off this weekend to install my HID, if ya want i can help you out.

Comment

As far as i am aware he doesn't want to take off the whole bumper just the grill in the centre behind the H badge. My car has had this done but i didn't do it.
            NA is BEST

59.4 QR Spint - Qld's Quickest DC5R

Comment

Why do you want to take the black grill off? you dun need to take the grill off the get the airbox fit in place.......I just fit mine in 15 min....or you just wanna to take it off and drill some hold on it to give you more free airflow...??
              Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
              1)ブレーキを踏む
              2)クラッチを切る
              3)シフトダウンしなから、
                アクセルをぶかす
              4)クラッチをつなぐ
              :blah:
              インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
              人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

Originally posted by GoldCoastDC5R View Post
                As far as i am aware he doesn't want to take off the whole bumper just the grill in the centre behind the H badge. My car has had this done but i didn't do it.
                yah, to get to the front badge you need to remove the front bumper.

also he wanted to remove the front gill because he now has a mugen intake, which he wants to try and make a custom front grill to suit the intake duct for the mugen airbox.

Comment

Originally posted by tofu View Post
                  yah, to get to the front badge you need to remove the front bumper.

also he wanted to remove the front gill because he now has a mugen intake, which he wants to try and make a custom front grill to suit the intake duct for the mugen airbox.
                  tofu is offically tofu-45set

Comment

haha i know because that's exactly what i wanted to do.

Comment

Don't remove it :P

I tried to day, and it looks like shit tbh

Comment

all the more reason to get a CF 5Zigen one to replace it

Comment

Adam off this forum has it removed.... and he would have put it back if it looks THAT bad

the way i see it... the grill is black... if i remove it... what ever is behind it is still black... meh.

come on ZEL05... lets take the bar off

Comment

You could alternatively do what sang has done and make up a small duct and cut a hole in the black plastic....

Comment

you know you dont have to cut anything.. see the grill below where everyone cuts.. get a rubber hose or some sort and connect it to your bay, thats what i did without cutting anything
                              GruppeM Australian Distributor
                              w. http://xposed.com.au

Comment

Working...
                              X