How long did your Clutch last???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long did your Clutch last???

How long did your clutch last/ed in your DC5R???

And if you have already had it replaced how much did you pay and where abouts??

Mine...lasted about 5 years....before I felt it worn out at the track...one of my friend were amazed how I kept it that long...cos normally suppose to worn out about 3-4 years

Well...before my last track day and before I sell my car...I've replaced it with exedy organic clutch and Toda Racing Flywheel...it felt a little harsh at first...but after running it in...it felt pretty close to stock..just slightly heavier

Comment

Originally posted by twmwong View Post
      Mine...lasted about 5 years....before I felt it worn out at the track...one of my friend were amazed how I kept it that long...cos normally suppose to worn out about 3-4 years

Well...before my last track day and before I sell my car...I've replaced it with exedy organic clutch and Toda Racing Flywheel...it felt a little harsh at first...but after running it in...it felt pretty close to stock..just slightly heavier
      So how many km's we talking???

And roughly how much did it cost you minus the flywheel??

Comment

http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ghlight=clutch

Comment

Thanks for the link...Geez looks like i did pretty bad with my clutch considering some guys were getting way over 100k and im on about 67k and its slipping when driven hard.

So anyone got any prices???

Comment

Originally posted by BLUEDC5R View Post
            Thanks for the link...Geez looks like i did pretty bad with my clutch considering some guys were getting way over 100k and im on about 67k and its slipping when driven hard.

So anyone got any prices???
            No it just means u drive the car hard or badly but for your sake lets say you drive it hard

Ummm changing clutch/fly is EXPENSIVE in the dc5 becuase basically half the engine has to come out. Quoted prices are in the vicinity of 400-500 depending on who does it.

toda setup/exedy setup works around 1000 or so with lightened fly and heavy duty clutch

Comment

Year 2002 , done 50000 km , still going strong yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Jingers View Post
                No it just means u drive the car hard or badly but for your sake lets say you drive it hard

Ummm changing clutch/fly is EXPENSIVE in the dc5 becuase basically half the engine has to come out. Quoted prices are in the vicinity of 400-500 depending on who does it.

toda setup/exedy setup works around 1000 or so with lightened fly and heavy duty clutch

Im the 2nd owner, so what happened before i owned the car is out of my control.
                $400 - $500 is the labour im guessing??

$1000 complete or just the clutch and flywheel??

Comment

1000 for clutch and fly wheel

Comment

Originally posted by BLUEDC5R View Post
                    So how many km's we talking???

And roughly how much did it cost you minus the flywheel??
                    I did about 65,000+km on them...the cost of the flywheel+clutch is 1100 for me when I bought it new as Jing mentioned....labour cost is 450 when I installed it...cos gotta include time to take things out plus all the oils, etc

I took 5 days every night (start from Monday) going to Kinglake to run the thing in before track day on Sunday at Winton....I did around 800km for that whole week plus the distance going to winton which is about 200+km...was so tiring though going everynight just running it in using start stop & focusing on downshifting every corner & also downshifting to stop at traffic lights

But it felt pretty good afterwards when it is runned it

Comment

eh? is that the 4.1kg toda flywheel?? interms of performance, how much of a difference does the toda flywheel make over OEM?

Comment

Originally posted by CK1 View Post
                        eh? is that the 4.1kg toda flywheel?? interms of performance, how much of a difference does the toda flywheel make over OEM?
                        No la...is 3.7kg one...I was gonna get ATS 3.4kg one..but heard from the guy who I bought it from said ATS is not good...easy to get worn and crack....so got Toda....OEM is like 4 something....u can't really feel the car faster...just seeing the needle go faster when reving...but I think it is still good mod any how...I tried using it for launches at traffic lights (drags)...not bad at all

I guess the best combination is get a good lightweight flywheel and clutch + a good final drive...that might give it a bit more performance gain

Comment

No la...is 3.7kg one...I was gonna get ATS 3.4kg one..but heard from the guy who I bought it from said ATS is not good...easy to get worn and crack....so got Toda....OEM is like 4 something....u can't really feel the car faster...just seeing the needle go faster when reving...but I think it is still good mod any how...I tried using it for launches at traffic lights (drags)...not bad at all

I guess the best combination is get a good lightweight flywheel and clutch + a good final drive...that might give it a bit more performance gain
                          yeah... i suppose if ur gona pay that much to open the gear box, might as well hit it up with those mods... o btw, did u install an aftermarket FD as well? if so, wat ratio was it??

Comment

i believe the jdm oem is 4kg the audm fly is however around 8kg

Comment

OEM 90,000kms and still going...

Comment

Working...
                              X