Mounts? OEM, Stronger, Sleeves?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mounts? OEM, Stronger, Sleeves?

I have a few cracked engine mounts and would like the opinions of some of you guys.

What should i do.
    Buy replacement OEM Engine Mounts
    Buy Stronger Engine Mounts
    Buy Inserts

The mounts will be supporting a stock B18C7 Engine inside a DC2R

All opinions welcome

if you buy replacement oem mounts, they're eventually going to break again anyway. so dont bother with oem.

esmm inserts are the cheapest way of stiffening your mounts, but can tear if abused. although they vibrate a bit too much for my liking.

replacement solid mounts would be the way to go.
    brands such as mugen or innovative will set you back ~$500 but will last you a lifetime. vibrations are minimal if you choose a street compound bushing.

im running innovative mounts in my dc5r. feels like stock but stronger.

Comment

I'm in the same boat as you as my rear mount has seen better days. I will be buying ESSM inserts to get by for now before I decide on what to do next.
      CARSFORHOPE

Comment

I recently changed my mounts to innovatives.

I must say if you are in a racey moody its great, but anyone other day I find it too much for daily driving especially when the a/c is switched on.

I am curious by what you say about vibration is minimal if you choose a street compound bushing? Am I missing something? I just replaced the OEM with innovatives.

Originally posted by myr08u View Post
        if you buy replacement oem mounts, they're eventually going to break again anyway. so dont bother with oem.

esmm inserts are the cheapest way of stiffening your mounts, but can tear if abused. although they vibrate a bit too much for my liking.

replacement solid mounts would be the way to go.
        brands such as mugen or innovative will set you back ~$500 but will last you a lifetime. vibrations are minimal if you choose a street compound bushing.

im running innovative mounts in my dc5r. feels like stock but stronger.

Comment

Cheaper way maybe OEM mounts + Sikaflex, works like stiffened engine mounts.
          For Sale:

http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...9488#post19488

Comment

Originally posted by anthony38x View Post
            I recently changed my mounts to innovatives.

I must say if you are in a racey moody its great, but anyone other day I find it too much for daily driving especially when the a/c is switched on.

I am curious by what you say about vibration is minimal if you choose a street compound bushing? Am I missing something? I just replaced the OEM with innovatives.
            what im talking about is the softness or hardness of the rubber in the mount. with innovative you can get soft 60A mounts meant for street cars.
            75A is meant for highly mod and 85A for race prep cars which is hell stiff.

give it some more time to break in and it should feel just like stock even with ac on.

Comment

i think the problem here is that your soft could be his hard. That is something which cannot be classified.

Comment

Well I find innovative mounts too hard. Especially when you have the a/c on and the windscreen wiper is vibrating.

How long does it take to break in? Mine have been installed over two months now.

Comment

Those Inserts.. from energy i think thats the name ..

we put in the front mount one only i swear its like a butt massage everytime he turns on the aircon.. it vibrates so much.. if your ticklish its annoying =P..
                  Memorable quotes

Originally posted by Q_ball
                  some say, his vtec was switched off on his last 4 outings at wakefield....

and that his foot comprises of only a heal and a toe...

all we know is hes called The Perry!!
                  Originally posted by tinkerbell
                  if those HA's are 7k old - i will eat my own arsehole...
                  A wise man once said "Tok like Gay better than been like gay"

Originally posted by Wayne
                  Never again complain about a honda's reliability just be glad you dont own an Alfa

Comment

I had the race kit (75A) installed to my car few months back, it was impossible for street driving, should be good for track, now i have the street (60A) installed , it is fine and I like it, a bit harder than the OEM one, I like it. So the (75A) is up for sale now LOL

Comment

custom filler for the win...
                      I had energy ones before.. so crappy.. u need like cable ties to tie them back..

My old silkaflex ones..

My current ones.. bling bang

Project: Machine myself a heavy gear knob

Comment

Originally posted by myr08u View Post
                        what im talking about is the softness or hardness of the rubber in the mount. with innovative you can get soft 60A mounts meant for street cars.
                        75A is meant for highly mod and 85A for race prep cars which is hell stiff.

give it some more time to break in and it should feel just like stock even with ac on.
                        60A is nice

Comment

Originally posted by BlitZ View Post
                          custom filler for the win...
                          I had energy ones before.. so crappy.. u need like cable ties to tie them back..

My old silkaflex ones..

My current ones.. bling bang

Those are DC2 yeh?

im planning on doing that too.. what did you use as the PolyUrathane Filler? and what u buy? and what did you use on the backing so it doesnt leak out?
                          Memorable quotes

Originally posted by Q_ball
                          some say, his vtec was switched off on his last 4 outings at wakefield....

and that his foot comprises of only a heal and a toe...

all we know is hes called The Perry!!
                          Originally posted by tinkerbell
                          if those HA's are 7k old - i will eat my own arsehole...
                          A wise man once said "Tok like Gay better than been like gay"

Originally posted by Wayne
                          Never again complain about a honda's reliability just be glad you dont own an Alfa

Comment

the mounts are for a civic... they are very similiar in nature..

u tape 1 side of the mount. the easier way is to use sikaflex (however u spell it) from bunnings.. nice and easy.. else 3M window weld if u can find it..

Else the ployuranthe 2 part mix is slightly harder to purchase and slightly more expensive than the sikaflex stuff... ill try and dig up the place i got it from if you want it. Its somewhere in botany and was a distributor.

I might even have some left over, just maybe.. PM me if u are interested.. I also should have a set of DC2R mounts lying around somewhere i think.. (only if you are in sydney )
                            Last edited by BlitZ; 29-03-07, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X