Mugen Airbox Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mugen Airbox Question

Does the Mugen Airbox kit for the DC5R come with a tube/pipe from the box to the vent ?

Or do you use the Stock one?

Stock one felt a bit small and restrictive imho.
    Last edited by Chi; 17-03-07, 03:33 PM.

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
    Horse power is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."

I think ur supposed to use the OEM pipe but i could not fit it onto the mugen snorkel so I gave up.

Comment

I had same issue as well howie, it was way too tight a fit.

So i got some CAI piping and did a DIY pipe.

bezzy told me JDM piping was different to AUDM, is this true?

any confirm?
      Last edited by Chi; 17-03-07, 05:48 PM.

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
      Horse power is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."

Comment

I used the OEM pipping and it was tight fitting but it fitted.

From memory the JDM is wider. I think Sang and aldo Adrian from TODA. The most important I remembered is it didn't mk much difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Chi View Post
          Does the Mugen Airbox kit for the DC5R come with a tube/pipe from the box to the vent ?

Or do you use the Stock one?

Stock one felt a bit small and restrictive imho.
          Apply a thin coat of Vaselin ,then slip it on, or you can dip the tube into hot water , try that

Comment

Drill holes in the airbox. LOL
            BYP Racing & Developments
            Built. Tuned. Driven
            Want to go fast? Come see us! e: jimmy@bypracing.com ph: (02) 9757 4757

Comment

hahahaha !

Im not as dumb as you know who lol

Comment

not dumb...save youself the extra cash which efffectively does the same.
                BYP Racing & Developments
                Built. Tuned. Driven
                Want to go fast? Come see us! e: jimmy@bypracing.com ph: (02) 9757 4757

Comment

from the airbox to the vent, you mean to the front of the grill where it draws air in?
                  i thought the kit comes with a snorkle?

the tube from the airbox to the throttle body is larger on the jdm.

Comment

Originally posted by tofu View Post
                    from the airbox to the vent, you mean to the front of the grill where it draws air in?
                    i thought the kit comes with a snorkle?

the tube from the airbox to the throttle body is larger on the jdm.

The intake arm from the TB to the Airbox fits fine.

Its the arm from the airbox to the mugen snorkel which is the problem.

Its a very very tight fit.

And IMHO i think to use the stock/oem arm is very restrictive.

Comment

just need to try harder, it's a tight fit, but it definitely fits

z10 says:
                      i bet you will have 10000 wheels when you are done
                      z10 says:
                      mon-fri 9am-5pm chasing for jazz parts

Comment

Working...
                      X