DC5R CEL question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC5R CEL question

I had my DC5R serviced today and asked them to look into a slight misfire/stutter at light throttle generally when cold. they came back with 4 codes:
    41-1/p0134 - O2 Sensor 1 - No activity/stuck lean
    57-1/p0340 - CMP sensor Cam postition sensor - no signal
    65-2/P0141 - O2 sensor 2 - Heater circuit malfunction
    20-2/P1298 - ELD - Circuit high voltage.

however the CEL never light up at all, it comes on at start up but never during driving.
    i would have thought the CEL would come on with any code stored.
    has anyone had the same sort of thing?

when i had my CEL http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...&highlight=CEL it stayed on for good. did u read the service manual for what it suggested RE: those codes?

Comment

yeah i saw that thread angus.
      the dealer gave me the 41-1 type code and i used http://www.k-series.com/dtc.html this link to decifer exactly what they meant.
      i downloaded the service manual and it went through a whole heap of stuff i dont know how to do to resolve it.
      what worries me more about it is that the CEL never came on, i dont know how long they have been there for.

Comment

matt, with your problems, I only can think that CEL didn't come on because there was not any signal so basically your sensors are dead and it's not faulty so you might better off getting them replace.

My understanding is that if something is faulty, CEL will come on and warn you.

Comment

hrmm.. i think changing everythign will be a costly exercise. what did honda say?

Comment

Well, you better change it I guess.

Check out the pricing first though, it's weird how you guys have this sensor and error problems and you guys never even hit track (not talking about you angus )

Comment

well they reset them then test drove it and they didn't show up again, im gonna try and take it to them (prestige honda) again tomorrow and get em to check it again.

surely if the sensors are dead that would be all the more reason for the CEL to come on, wouldn't the car be fueling all over the place if it doens't know how its running. and the cam position sensor, i would have thought that would be a fairly handy thing to have. if they have to be replaced then so be it but would rather know what the cause was if possible.

edit: just found this http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread...highlight=65-2
              exactly the same list of codes mine has/had. only i couldn't find a fuse for the alternator, either on the fuse panel or in the manual, anyone know which one it is?
              Last edited by matt; 15-03-07, 10:07 PM. Reason: added link

Comment

Hey matt,
                I had my check engine light come on in my DC5 last year and when I took it to honda to have it checked they said that the ECU returned a code for a faulty secondary oxygen sensor and heater circuit, though they didn't tell me the exact codes. This sounds similar to two of the codes on your list:

I had the secondary oxygen sensor replaced and the check engine light went away. Before I had this done I did not notice any changes in the performance of the car or anything of that nature. I think the sensor broke because I changed my exhaust the weekend before and I spent a bit of time hitting my cat with a hammer and messing about to get the rusted studs out.

Some of the more people knowledgable people regarding tuning may be able to chime in but from what I know a faulty primary oxygen sensor could be responsible for poor part throttle performance as the ECU uses the signal from the oxygen sensor to set air/fuel mixtures in such a situation. My situation was different form yours in that it sounds like there could be something up with your primary oxygen sensor whereas in my case it was only the secondary sensor which tells the ECU whether the cat is working that was stuffed. Hope this helps out.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
                  Hey matt,
                  I had my check engine light come on in my DC5 last year and when I took it to honda to have it checked they said that the ECU returned a code for a faulty secondary oxygen sensor and heater circuit, though they didn't tell me the exact codes. This sounds similar to two of the codes on your list:

I had the secondary oxygen sensor replaced and the check engine light went away. Before I had this done I did not notice any changes in the performance of the car or anything of that nature. I think the sensor broke because I changed my exhaust the weekend before and I spent a bit of time hitting my cat with a hammer and messing about to get the rusted studs out.

Some of the more people knowledgable people regarding tuning may be able to chime in but from what I know a faulty primary oxygen sensor could be responsible for poor part throttle performance as the ECU uses the signal from the oxygen sensor to set air/fuel mixtures in such a situation. My situation was different form yours in that it sounds like there could be something up with your primary oxygen sensor whereas in my case it was only the secondary sensor which tells the ECU whether the cat is working that was stuffed. Hope this helps out.
                  Hey...my engine light was on for good now as well since I took my Intake Manifold & throttle body to port & polish....the code returned 65 as well...I checked the DTC list and said it was Intake Air Temperature Sensor Voltage High

I replaced the sensor on the intake but it didn't make it go away (costed me $180 bucks for the new sensor)...maybe I need to really take it to Honda to get them check it out then

Comment

thanks for the help fellas, took it back today and no codes were listed, so hopefully just temporary faults for some reason. they said the CEL wont come on unless the sensor/s completely fails, dont know how 41-1 and 57-1 with no signal doesn;t mean the sensor has completely failed but anyway. ill just see how it goes.

twmwong-did you have a look at http://www.k-series.com/dtc.html this link to check your codes or something else, cos code 65 relates to 02 sensors, make sure your looking at teh RSX codes perhaps.

Comment

Originally posted by matt View Post
                      thanks for the help fellas, took it back today and no codes were listed, so hopefully just temporary faults for some reason. they said the CEL wont come on unless the sensor/s completely fails, dont know how 41-1 and 57-1 with no signal doesn;t mean the sensor has completely failed but anyway. ill just see how it goes.

twmwong-did you have a look at http://www.k-series.com/dtc.html this link to check your codes or something else, cos code 65 relates to 02 sensors, make sure your looking at teh RSX codes perhaps.
                      Yeah..that is the list where I got the code from...I tried fixing it with a new sensor..but didn't work I'm taking to Honda Monday to check it out

Comment

how many kms u services for ur car???is it major services?how much is it cause i think i might go and services my car soon

Comment

Working...
                        X