Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a noticeable difference from OEM to 2.5" cat and back zorst on DC2R?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Project: Machine myself a heavy gear knob

http://www.team-integra.net/forum/di...g+Common+Topic
    ... retired/

Comment

you can see why i am upgrading my 2.0in cat-back to a 2.5in mandrel bent catback...
      ... retired/

Comment

from blue to red the change is the cat and the header...

what cat you getting tinkerbell?

Comment

i already have a 2.5in cat...
          ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
            you can see why i am upgrading my 2.0in cat-back to a 2.5in mandrel bent catback...
            Don't forget to adjust the fueling....or massive lean out...LOL
            MFactory Performance Products

Follow my journey to Superlap at: http://nextstopsuperlap.blogspot.com.au/

Comment

yep, for sure!

will probably add 5psi to the base of ~40 psi, i currently have OBD1 340cc H22A injectors in...

i was runing ~70psi base pressure with the 240cc B16A injectors prior...

+5psi should be good for another 15hp at fly without increasing MAX duty cycle
              ... retired/

Comment

oh.. back to basics.. exhasut just seems so expensive.. ....

Comment

The question was is there a noticable difference. I'm not sure, especially if you're running a standard exhaust manifold, because I think the benefits of a catback would be maximised more by having a good manifold than the other way round. I guess it depends how sensitive your butt dyno is; I'm not sure mine could detect such an increase - though I'm sure there are of course those amongst us who can notice and utilise the increase.
                  "No Matter that you have a PhD and have read all of Henry James twice. If you still persist in writing, "Good food at it's best", you deserve to be struck by lightning, hacked up on the spot and buried in an unmarked grave" (Truss, 2003, p.44).

Comment

yeah you can feel the difference. For me in terms of response, engine revving out smoother, and top end power was awsome!

Originally posted by ChargeR
                    Evo is faster. Only buy the FD2R if you are a Honda fanboy. I would buy the FD2R. I am a Honda fanboy.

Comment

Originally posted by BIZ22Y View Post
                      The question was is there a noticable difference. I'm not sure, especially if you're running a standard exhaust manifold, because I think the benefits of a catback would be maximised more by having a good manifold than the other way round. I guess it depends how sensitive your butt dyno is; I'm not sure mine could detect such an increase - though I'm sure there are of course those amongst us who can notice and utilise the increase.
                      nah i ready got JDM 4-1 like that of the dyno heehhe

Comment

i think there is a noticeable difference. yes the outright gain in power is not that huge, but no one mod on a n/a b18c / k20a is going to make a HUGE difference without other ancilliaries being looked at as well. int his sense it is unlike many turbo cars where a simple cat-back and filter change may net quite large improvements in power and torque eg.r33 gts25t or s14/s15.
                        "What's the point of racing a car that doesn't look cool?" - Nakai-san, RWB

Comment

we just upgraded our stock ITR system too top fuel exhuast system. There is a noticeable difference.
                          BYP Racing & Developments
                          Built. Tuned. Driven
                          Want to go fast? Come see us! e: jimmy@bypracing.com ph: (02) 9757 4757

Comment

yeah comparing products... I had a Buddyclub B-pipe on, which I swapped for a Spoon one. And the difference was good... wouldn't say amazing, but definately noticable.

Originally posted by ChargeR
                            Evo is faster. Only buy the FD2R if you are a Honda fanboy. I would buy the FD2R. I am a Honda fanboy.

Comment

Working...
                            X