Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S2000 battery goes flat

Hi all
    Rob here from Forster NSW, new member so if I make a mistake, please forgive me.
    I bought a S2000 a year ago from a man who had owned it for 8 years or so. 6 months after I bought the car the battery went flat, so I called the NRMA who tested the battery and said it was on its way out and sold me a new battery. 6 weeks later the battery went flat so I called NRMA and he replaced the battery under warranty. 8 weeks later the battery was flat again. Each time this happens I have not used the car for a week or 10 days. The NRMA said the battery was OK and the car must be draining the battery. An auto electrician has tested and re-tested the car several times over a 10 day period and can find no leakage. He sold me another new battery which still goes flat. I took it to the local Honda dealer who charged me $100 to tell me they were not experts in auto electrics so they had rung an auto electrician who told them to tell me to try locking it (which I had already tried without success). The car has an after market immobiliser.

Has anyone else had this problem with an S2000 or any other car? Or any ideas what it could be?
    Thanks for your time.
    Rob

Aftermarket immobiliser or alarm system seems to be drawing too much current. Seems like it was installed incorrectly.

Another possibility is that alternator isn't charging the battery correctly too. Good to check with a multimeter when the car is running to see if getting 14V or more.
    1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

Do you regularly drive the car or does it just sit there most of time? My batt dies in about 2 weeks if I don't drive it. I know it's not a problem with the batt as I've had it replaced a few times already. I've chalked it down to my alarm so it could be that.

Comment

I've got a pretty basic/shitty alarm in my s2000. exactly 5 days no use, and the battery dropped to 11.4v and i was unable to start the car. Usually the car sits on a trickle but went on a crazy bender and left my car in the city lol
        Integra Type R
        Integra Type S
        S2000

Comment

Working...
        X