AUDM Type R DC5 Shifter Cable bushings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AUDM Type R DC5 Shifter Cable bushings

Just wondering if anyone on here knows if the JDM Dc5 R shifter cable bushings will fit the Audm Dc5 R.
    Was wanting to buy some k-tuned or hybrid racing bushings.
    If not any one have any suggestions of what they’ve used that fits?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got some k-tuned gearbox end bushings and from what I remember one fitted fine but one was to large. I used a lathe to machine it down to size added a groove and oring and have had it in my car for some years now. To be fair it did state not to suit type r on the description!

Comment

Ohh fair enough, I have heard the small one fits but the big one is generally too large with the ones that are made for the Type S.
      Have you noticed much difference in shifting since changing them?

Comment

My bushes were still good but it’s a bit stiffer now. I only got them as I was already doing an order and liked the look of them. If you’re bushes are good but your chasing the better feel than m-tech springs get great reviews. They are under the shift linkage inside of the gearbox.

Comment

Yeah I’ve heard good things about the m-tech spring, I just haven’t really looked into it.
          I’ve got a k-tuned billet shifter arm to replace the stock flimsy plastic arm in the shifter box and that’s made it more stiff but not quite as precise as I want it to be.
          Do you remember roughly what the diameter of the bushing was after you machined it?
          Cause hybrid racing do a bushing to fit the JDM type R shifter cables and according to some graphs I’ve seen the JDM type R has the same gear box number as the Aus type R of Y2M3 so I’m wondering if it’ll fit

Comment

Sorry I don’t remember.

Comment

@ITRATT, I've tried ebay bushings to tegiwa ones (these will fit the AUDM Type R without issue). The AUDM Type S uses same as USDM Type S (i.e Ktuned, Hybrid Racing etc).

Honestly after messing with it all, go upgraded cables. I'm using the ktuned race spec cables which has a tonned of adjustability and comes with high quality bushings. It makes everything feel much tigher. I feel it was a better upgrade for the money compared to the ktuned billet shifter (which I had before upgrading the shift cables).

Comment

Working...
              X