Air assist valve - keep or delete? K20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Air assist valve - keep or delete? K20

Hi everyone, new to the group and I don’t know if this has been covered before.

I recently bought a DC5 Type R as a daily driver with a snapped air assist valve and I’ve been been trying to find a new one with little to no luck.
    I have seen that there is a delete kit you can get and was wondering if anyone has installed one on theirs and has any feedback on whether to get the delete kit or to keep trying to source another air assist valve.

Thanks

Is it a street car? Do you have after market ecu?You will need a hot idle around 950rpm so the car doesn’t stall when coming to a stop. Ac power steer engine fans all will drag down idle when used as well as cold (high) idle.The engine light will be on if stock ecu!!!! This can be calibrated for in k pro. I wouldn’t recommend it for a street car!!! Race car and aftermarket ecu, you can use a delete kit? Yes! But I still don’t think it has any advantages! Try Honda wreckers in your area as I believe any k series cable throttle bodies use the same iacv. Accord, crv, base integra.

Comment

Working...
    X