Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Japanese Wheel Face Design

Hey guys,

Not sure if anyone else has come across this before but if anyone else has, any help would be great!

I'm looking to buy some ce28sl's and I'm just on their web site and trying to grasp what face design differences are?

I know the "face" number refers to its concavity I believe (please correct me if I'm wrong). I'm just wondering what the "SS Rim" or "L Rim" defines?

Here is the URL for reference:
    https://www.rayswheels.co.jp/product...a&wheel=CE28SL

You can find the diagram under the face design tab.

Thanks peeps!
    Into Gundam and Anime?! Check out my business at www.facebook.com/officialgundamuniverse

www.gundamuniverse.com.au

FACE 4 - Full concave and dished face.

FACE 2 - A bit of concave face and little dish.

As far as I can recall, FACE 1 has minimal dish and the spoke designs convex.

Face 3 has concave spokes and little dish.

I am not certain about what SS and L actually means.
    1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

Contact/email/speak to a reputable RAYS DEALER!
      Shak's S2000

Comment

Originally posted by Shakeel View Post
        Contact/email/speak to a reputable RAYS DEALER!
        I was thinking this but I have no real intent from buying from the dealers as they would take quite a bit of time to get it in Australia and it would be a lot more pricey. Don't want to be the guy who asks them tonnes of questions then not buy from them!

I'm planning to get them imported from Japan myself at a much cheaper rate than retail as I get a few things imported regularly for my business.

Thanks for that Peter! Really appreciate that, helps a lot to see pictures with it! I'm really curious to what the SS and L means though! Shall do some more digging.

I'm thinking about going with the face-3 design since well theres just not way I can fit face-4. Will most likely go with 17x9 + 22 square set up or a 17x8.5 + 45 in the rear with the 17x9 + 22 in the fronts. Was running 17x9+ 22 previously with 235/45/17s and was scrubbing on the rear on the bumps, had about -1.5 degrees of camber there. Might try a skinnier tyre if I decide to stick with the 17x9+22...
        Last edited by eLtrix; 20-07-16, 03:03 PM.
        Into Gundam and Anime?! Check out my business at www.facebook.com/officialgundamuniverse

Comment

This pretty much summarises what you're asking. SS and L is the lip shape of the wheel.

Comment

Originally posted by eskimo_firefighter View Post
            This pretty much summarises what you're asking. SS and L is the lip shape of the wheel.

Yeah I saw that image, honestly don't really understand it.

Comment

SS/L designates the outer rim/lip design.

SS has less dish/lip.

L has more dish/lip.

If you refer to the pictures I posted above of the silver CE28's.

The top picture has an L type rim with a the face 3. I incorrectly stated that it as face 4, but they look pretty similar.

The bottom picture has an SS type rim with the face 2.

Comment

Ah fantastic! Thanks for the info Peter!

Comment

Working...
                X