No announcement yet.

DIY: 2005 RSX Front + Rear conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With the T-Tap in place, take your wire/pigtail combo and plug the male quick-disconnect into the T-Tap. Cut a piece of wire insulation tube/loom to approximately the same length as the wire/pigtail combo and cover the wire with it:

With all that completed, take the 3-pin plug you've ordered and pop up the retainer. Insert the three wires into it: signal, parking light, ground.

Make sure the wires are inserted in the order as pictured below:

One thing you should keep in mind is that the middle wire is always the wire/pigtail wire that's being tapped to the parking light wire.

Once the wires have been inserted, snap the retainer of the 3-pin plug back into place to secure the wire terminals, then plug the 3-pin plug into the 3-pin socket (with the two sawed off tabs), plug in the wedge bulb and then plug the connector back into your taillight assembly

Test out your newly rewired taillights by turning on your parking lights. Both circular lens should light up. Flip on the left turn signal with the parking lights on, your left turn signal lens should light up AND blink at the same time. Repeat with the right lens. Next, turn on your emergency blinkers and see if it works without strange flickers. If you passed all the test, you are good to go. If the blinker either blink to fast, doesn't blink or flickers, then you probably have the wire mixed up when you inserted them into the 3-pin connector. Remove the retainer and start over.

Don't forget to store the original bulb/socket and plug in a safe place in case you want to revert back to stock:

Basically, repeat the same process for the opposite taillight. The whole mod took me no more than 30 minutes, including clean up.

I will post up some videos of both lens light up at night later on this evening. Hope this guide helps all j00 '05 owners wanting to re-wire taillights. Let me know if you have any questions, thanks

EDIT: Be prepared to blow your turn signal fuse if you accidentally cross the ground and signal/parking light wires while inserting them into the plug. So.. make sure your light switch is off and you have a few 10amp Mini fuses handy just in case!

Comment

Am looking to get this done. Just the front though.
      Where the cheapest place to get these parts (front only)?
      Last edited by neostars; 25-08-06, 10:49 AM.

Comment

Since the cars are still new, you wouldnt have much luck with wreckers.

Honda dealer will be your best bet

Comment

probably be able to pick up some front bars and maybe rear bars from 05+ owners upgrading their bodykits but headlights and tail lights, as jing said, probably only honda at this stage and they're about $300ea from memory.
          almost JDM spec, y0!

Comment

Originally posted by sangers View Post
            probably be able to pick up some front bars and maybe rear bars from 05+ owners upgrading their bodykits but headlights and tail lights, as jing said, probably only honda at this stage and they're about $300ea from memory.
            nope at least $500 ...

Comment

Originally posted by Jingers View Post
              nope at least $500 ...
              is that for the pair or each? i remember it was 360ish when i rung around a while ago. that said i use to get a discount cause my friend use to work in the industry
              almost JDM spec, y0!

Comment

each, and thats with trade connections too, maybe they got sick and tired of giving speicals to him. Jonnie got ripped

Comment

my bad. i remembered the tail light cost. here is what i wrote down in my note book. these are the rrp's from norris motor group - honda dealer in brisbane - 07 3635 5241

Headlights: $584ea
                  Taillights: $321ea
                  Front Bar: $770 (I believe this includes the lower grill and fog light frames)
                  Rear Bar: $717
                  Front Upper Grill: $140

my trade discount use to get me about 10-15% off rrp.
                  almost JDM spec, y0!

Comment

tail lights aint expensive hmmmmmmmm

Comment

Damn expensive for those Honda Part, stealerships.
                      Probably look for wreckers
                      Does anyone know if the Jap 2005 TypeR Front bumper badge can be purchase separately and stuck on a AUS 2005 TypeS front bumper?

or do i have to purchase the whole Jap 2005 TypeR front bumper?

also

Does anyone know if the 2005 TypeS front bumper will fix with the old Integra TypeR Headlights?
                      "I was thinking if that bar fits, it would cover up the two circle on the headlight, lol"

any help
                      thanks
                      Last edited by neostars; 28-08-06, 11:06 AM.

Comment

u r look at similar prices whether u source from japan or australian honda. They are all expensive.

You have to purchase the whole jap 2005 type r front bumper if you want to have a bumper i guess??

Of course the 2005 type-s front bumper wont fit the old integra type r without custom modifications

Comment

Originally posted by neostars View Post
                          Damn expensive for those Honda Part, stealerships.
                          Probably look for wreckers
                          Does anyone know if the Jap 2005 TypeR Front bumper badge can be purchase separately and stuck on a AUS 2005 TypeS front bumper?

or do i have to purchase the whole Jap 2005 TypeR front bumper?

also

Does anyone know if the 2005 TypeS front bumper will fix with the old Integra TypeR Headlights?
                          "I was thinking if that bar fits, it would cover up the two circle on the headlight, lol"

any help
                          thanks
                          Yes. I bought the 05+ AUDM front grill from Honda Australia. Its the exact same item as the 05+ JDM front grill. It does not come with the badges though.

I bought the 05+ JDM front [H] badge and "Type R" badge from JDMYard.

Originally posted by Jingers View Post
                          u r look at similar prices whether u source from japan or australian honda. They are all expensive.

You have to purchase the whole jap 2005 type r front bumper if you want to have a bumper i guess??

Of course the 2005 type-s front bumper wont fit the old integra type r without custom modifications
                          No I think he asked if you can just buy the badges and what it on the AUDM 05+ bumper, which you can.

edit: sorry jingers, he asked both questions. i answered the 2nd last question, you answered the last question - go teamwork *hi five*

And yes, to fit the 05+ grill to the 01-04 bumper you need to cut the cross bar that sits in front of the old grill. I took the time to also have the little step in the grill area bogged and smoothed out so it looks more like the 05+ bumper.

almost JDM spec, y0!

Comment

how much do u pay for the front type r badge from JDM YARD?
                            i want to get one.
                            thanks

Comment

Originally posted by neostars View Post
                              how much do u pay for the front type r badge from JDM YARD?
                              i want to get one.
                              thanks
                              cant remember, pm z10

edit: a [H] badge for sale here...
                              http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49094
                              Last edited by sangers; 29-08-06, 01:04 AM.
                              almost JDM spec, y0!

Comment

I notice the 2005 Type S front bumper is Premium White.
                                If i buy it, would i need to respray it to championship white?
                                Would the colour different looks noticably?
                                If anyone knows please let me know.
                                cheers

Comment

Working...
                                X