Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My regretful drive in the rain.

Ayo.

Took the EP3 out on a rainy day. It didn't turn out so great. My car does have the Injen CAI. Car handled rain perfectly before. During this trip, the check engine light flashed 3 times.

Got back home and used the Torque app to find out what was going on... Pending codes... Misfire codes.

I noticed that VTEC didn't engage anymore... The car also didn't feel like it lost any power.

Popped the hood and I see white water spots all over the place.

I have no idea what substance this is. Is it just splash from the road?

But anyway... I plan to get it to Top One next weekend. Anyone else had a similar experience?

TLDR... Drove in rain. Engine misfire codes flashed. VTEC no longer engages.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

where's your spark plug & ignition coil protective cover????

did it fall off?
    ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
      I was thinking the same thing.

I'm guessing there's still water trapped around that area.
      ClubITR | Like

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post

did it fall off?
        Originally posted by felixR View Post
        I was thinking the same thing.

I'm guessing there's still water trapped around that area.
        The car came like this. I've never had one. Perhaps it's best if I pick one up.
        What is the thing currently in it's position? All I can tell is that there is a cable running to the negative battery post.

Update on situation. Left the battery unplugged overnight. Hooked it back up this morning... Back to normal now.
        Well... a degree of normal. It's been rev hunting ever since I spun out on track. Need to get that checked out.

Comment

Originally posted by mryangtastic View Post
          The car came like this. I've never had one. Perhaps it's best if I pick one up.
          What is the thing currently in it's position? All I can tell is that there is a cable running to the negative battery post.
          could be a dodgy "earthing kit" - does it have a brand name stamped on it anywhere? best to remove these sort of things IMO...

Update on situation. Left the battery unplugged overnight. Hooked it back up this morning... Back to normal now.
          yeah, that would have reset the ECU, so once the plugs/connectors/coils dried out - all better...

Well... a degree of normal. It's been rev hunting ever since I spun out on track. Need to get that checked out.
          check for small vacuum hose/s dislodged/unplugged...
          ... retired/

Comment

Water can reach the crank angle sensor in heavy wet conditions and has been a common fault.

Comment

Originally posted by wpg81 View Post
              Water can reach the crank angle sensor in heavy wet conditions and has been a common fault.
              common fault maybe, but OP actually posted the error codes in post #1
              ... retired/

Comment

Would a faulty crank angle sensor cause rev hunting?

Comment

Is the rev hunting at ilde or at a higher rpm. Idle hunting is possibly ilde air control valve sticking and or thrilled body requires to be cleaned. I recommend to remove throttle body from car and clean both sides of throttle body and open it and also clean their as well. The iacv is on the bottom of the throttle body so it would be smart to remove and clean it also. Carbon cleaner in a spay can an old tooth bush a clean rag and new gaskets or Honda bond is needed

Comment

Is the rev hunting at ilde or at a higher rpm. Idle hunting is possibly ilde air control valve sticking and or thrilled body requires to be cleaned. I recommend to remove throttle body from car and clean both sides of throttle body and open it and also clean their as well. The iacv is on the bottom of the throttle body so it would be smart to remove and clean it also. Carbon cleaner in a spay can an old tooth bush a clean rag and new gaskets or Honda bond is needed
                    It's during idle. But not all the time. It will rev hunt whilst coasting in neutral 100% of the time though.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Update. All is well.
                      I think it was my first experience of hydrolock with the Injen CAI.
                      Cleaning the IACV fixed the rev hunting.

Comment

Working...
                      X