DC5 Engine mount replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC5 Engine mount replacement

So my dc5 driver side engine mount is totally worn out which causes the whole car to vibrates specially when im in neutral or reversing. Im think of getting just the driver side engine mount replaced. Should i replace all of them or just the worn out one?

I'm thinking of going for OEM engine mounts as i hate any sort of vibrations however they are a bit pricy or should i go for hardrace engine mounts?

Becareful with the driver side oem mount as it is oil filled. If that cracks or burst, the oil will be hard to clean up in the engine bay.
    Instagram: @ictorv2 & @00zaku

Comment

Don't go hardrace engine mounts unless you want parts of your car to fall off (joking). But all jokes aside, sat in a DC2R with hardrace engine mounts and the aircon vent was vibrating like crazy. Previous owner of my DC2R just replaced the engine mounts with OEM, no vibrations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by lammy View Post
        Don't go hardrace engine mounts unless you want parts of your car to fall off (joking). But all jokes aside, sat in a DC2R with hardrace engine mounts and the aircon vent was vibrating like crazy. Previous owner of my DC2R just replaced the engine mounts with OEM, no vibrations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        They're 2 different types of engine mounts for most brands. Street or Race. Just don't go Race.
        Unless you want to feel what its like to be inside a vibrator... you like that sort of thing
        In for Korean Friend Chicken

Comment

fuck me just got quoted 330 for a single driver side mount that is OEM. Worth it or should i get Hardrace street version? Heard they vibrates a fair bit too tho

Comment

Go hardrace.. its not bad at all. i had hasport 62A for 5-6 years, and still going. over replacing cracked OEM
            Integra Type R
            Integra Type S
            S2000

Comment

Get a OEM mount from a wreck. Way cheaper. I Have hasport 80a in and car hardly tell its vibrating.

Comment

I'm leaning towards OEM but is it bad if i just change the front driver side mount cuz its the one that is busted or should i change all 4 of them?

Comment

Running 62A (Street) Hardrace Engine mounts on DC5. Only a very marginal increase in vibration over OEM.

Comment

Don't go oem unless you have a lot of money. Prices in Australia are just ridiculous for oem parts from the dealer. Honda in Japan probably don't even sell them for that high... You can get one from a wreck or other brands. I got 2 new mounts for 80$ off my mechanic and they work the same as oem. This is ofcourse your car is a daily driver.
                    I suggest hard race for enthusiasts tho.

Comment

Working...
                    X