Replacing Engine Mounts in a DC2R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacing Engine Mounts in a DC2R

Planning on smashing out my engine mounts tomorrow. I've had a shop install the rear mount already, and have sort of planned how to do the rest. Does anyone have any pointers for changing the gearbox and passenger engine mount? I know that I'm going to need to move the power steering reservoir to get to the passenger side mount. I've located the torque mounts, they should be relatively easy.

Car is a DC2R.

It's a pretty easy job really.

Jack up the engine to take the Tension off before trying to loosen the bolts.

My torque mount bolts were seized and the mounts totally tore out when trying to undo them, it is easier with a rattle gun but not essential.

Take it easy when doing the drivers side mount, when threading the bolts back into the gearbox do it by hand at first and make sure the thread isn't binding up, it is not too hard to strip the thread in the aluminium housing if you are rough.

You probably need some deep sockets to get at the post nuts on the passenger side.

Comment

Originally posted by RC_dc2 View Post
      It's a pretty easy job really.

Jack up the engine to take the Tension off before trying to loosen the bolts.

My torque mount bolts were seized and the mounts totally tore out when trying to undo them, it is easier with a rattle gun but not essential.

Take it easy when doing the drivers side mount, when threading the bolts back into the gearbox do it by hand at first and make sure the thread isn't binding up, it is not too hard to strip the thread in the aluminium housing if you are rough.

You probably need some deep sockets to get at the post nuts on the passenger side.
      I managed to get the drivers side torque mount replaced, and the passenger side EM replaced. Didn't realise the drivers side EM used 17mm nuts and bolts as opposed to the passenger side's 14mm, so I'll have to borrow my mates deep 17mm another day. Feels quite a bit nicer, the old torque mount was completed snapped. For some reason now I'm having idle issues, so I'll probably make another post to sort it out.

Comment

Working...
      X