i want more caster :D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i want more caster :D

Ive been reading up on alignment settings, and i would like more positive caster. I know whiteline have a kit but i have a thing againt whiteline. I have also read on hondatech(US) that swapping the front upper arms from left to right will give me more, lot of ppl talk about it but i cant find any evidence of anyone actually doin it, has any one done this and does it actully give any more caster. A

and is the any other caster kit out there for the DC2 other than whiteline??

Thanks
    Last edited by TOU93; 04-03-07, 08:09 PM. Reason: should of said waht sorta caster i want

Tinkerbell has done the UCA swap with good results. Yes, it will change the caster since the upper ball joint is offset in relation to the 2 UCA mounting bolts, so swapping them Left/Right will definitely give you increased positive caster.
    | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

It works. Some of the cars competing in GTP did it.

What have you got against Whiteline?
      Honda DC2R Integra

If I change the nut behind the wheel then my sloppy lines improve and I can get some consistency to sort out my iffy handling, my worrying lack of braking ability goes away, after that I can start fretting about my suspicious lack of straight line grunt.

Comment

thanks guys...

i used alot of whiteline products in my old car(1996 mazda astina V6) and 90% of them did sh!t all, and when i changed the parts to other brands after using the whtileline products the difference was very noticable.

Comment

it is free too!

certainly helps on the circuit...
          ... retired/

Comment

NOOB alert

Im still abit confused about caster.

I got toe i got camber but i dont quite understand caster..........any kind soul ??

Comment

http://www.240edge.com/performance/tuning-caster.html

one of the better descriptions i have found

Comment

http://www.whiteline.com.au/faqsusp0... is it and why
                ... retired/

Comment

i did it. Plus i got a noltec caster for the LCA. Running about 3.5 degrees caster.

Comment

Caster
                    This is the forward (negative) or backwards (positive) tilt of the spindle steering axis. It is what causes your steering to 'self-centre'. Correct caster is almost always positive. Look at a bicycle - the front forks have a quite obvious rearward tilt to the handlebars, and so are giving positive caster. The whole point of it is to give the car (or bike) a noticeable centre point of the steering - a point where it's obvious the car will be going in straight line.

Camber
                    Camber is the tilt of the top of a wheel inwards or outwards (negative or positive). Proper camber (along with toe and caster) make sure that the tyre tread surface is as flat as possible on the road surface. If your camber is out, you'll get tyre wear. Too much negative camber (wheels tilt inwards) causes tread and tyre wear on the inside edge of the tyre. Consequently, too much positive camber causes wear on the outside edge.
                    Negative camber is what counteracts the tendency of the inside wheel during a turn to lean out from the centre of the vehicle. 0 or Negative camber is almost always desired. Positive camber would create handling problems.
                    The technical reason for this is because when the tyres on the inside of the turn have negative camber, they will tend to go toward 0 camber, using the contact patch more efficiently during the turn. If the tyres had positive camber, during a turn, the inside wheels would tend to even more positive camber, compromising the efficiency of the contact patch because the tyre would effectively only be riding on its outer edge.

Toe in & out
                    'Toe' is the term given to the left-right alignment of the front wheels relative to each other. Toe-in is where the front edge of the wheels are closer together than the rear, and toe-out is the opposite. Toe-in counteracts the tendency for the wheels to toe-out under power, like hard acceleration or at motorway speeds (where toe-in disappears). Toe-out counteracts the tendency for the front wheels to toe-in when turning at motorway speeds. It's all a bit bizarre and contradictory, but it does make a difference. A typical symptom of too much toe-in will be excessive wear and feathering on the outer edges of the tyre tread section. Similarly, too much toe-out will cause the same feathering wear patterns on the inner edges of the tread pattern.
                    A reader of my site emailed me this which is a nice description of toe-in and toe-out.
                    As a front-wheel-drive car pulls itself forwards, the wheels will tend to pivot arount the king-pins, and thus towards the center of the car. To ensure they end up straight ahead, they should sit with a slight toe-out when at rest.
                    A rear-wheel-drive car pushes itself forward, and the front wheels are rotated by friction... thus they will tend to want to trail the king-pins, and therefor will want to splay apart. To ensure that they run parallel when rolling, they should be given some toe-in when at rest.
                    The perfect 4WD car will have neutral pressure on the front wheels, so have neither toe-in or toe-out... however very few companies make the perfect 4WD, so some will have a small amount to toe-in/out, depending on the dominant axle.

Comment

I Get It Now!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Me to thanks for askin jingers... i would be to scared lol
                        F/S: VTI-R Civic

Comment

Working...
                        X