Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fast Fours & Rotatries - DC2 torque curve

Hi Guys

When the DC2R first came out Fast Fours and Rotaries did a review on it (Dean Evans took it to a track day). They also published a torque/power curve in the article does anyone have a copy of it.

I know that peak torque is around 5500rpm but the torque curve was quite good beneath the peak.

Does anyone have one for a stock K20?
    Honda DC2R Integra

If I change the nut behind the wheel then my sloppy lines improve and I can get some consistency to sort out my iffy handling, my worrying lack of braking ability goes away, after that I can start fretting about my suspicious lack of straight line grunt.

no but i cant take those mags (FF&R, hot4s, etc) seriously. i skim-read the article on honda tuning and the only things that stuck inmy mind were along the lines of 'u gotta dump it to tha max, bin the piece of sh*t exhaust and whack on a custom jobbie, give the stock airbox to your grandma and whack on a pod for that wicked noise, then piss off tha stock weak as piss clutch and chuck in a hard-core race item '

etc etc
    wankers.
    "What's the point of racing a car that doesn't look cool?" - Nakai-san, RWB

Comment

Originally posted by TAFKA TMB View Post
      Hi Guys

When the DC2R first came out Fast Fours and Rotaries did a review on it (Dean Evans took it to a track day). They also published a torque/power curve in the article does anyone have a copy of it.

I know that peak torque is around 5500rpm but the torque curve was quite good beneath the peak.

Does anyone have one for a stock K20?
      your talking about the dc2 yet you want a K20 torque curve. yeah?

i used to have links to dc2, S2000, nsx curves and i posted them all on clubrsx but it all got pruned... farkers...

man these smilies suck

Comment

I can get them for you guys on a dyno dynamics lol i own all 3 cars

Comment

re: stock DC2R, well, I use the butt dyno. When you are flooring it up a steep hill you can generally feel the best part around 5000-7000rpm.. lower than that it gets bogged down, higher than that and it seems to get wheezy and run out of steam..

Comment

Originally posted by 00dc2 View Post
            your talking about the dc2 yet you want a K20 torque curve. yeah?

i used to have links to dc2, S2000, nsx curves and i posted them all on clubrsx but it all got pruned... farkers...

man these smilies suck
            I wasn't clear in my original post.

I'd like them for a stock DC2 and if anyone has one of a stock ADM DC5 lying around then I'd like to see that as well.

The original article had something about even though peak torque is (whatever it really is 5500-6000ish) it still has good mid-range and you see how it doesn't sharply ramp up.

(Yes FF&R has gone off the boil, it was on the skids back before 2000. I seem to remember the cover had a stripper dressed as a cop draped over the bonnet of a S6/S7 RX8.)
            Honda DC2R Integra

If I change the nut behind the wheel then my sloppy lines improve and I can get some consistency to sort out my iffy handling, my worrying lack of braking ability goes away, after that I can start fretting about my suspicious lack of straight line grunt.

Comment

Thats my graph before (stock + apexi pod filter) and after tune.
              Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #010

Comment

DNY - what car - dc2r? 3rd gear run i assume?

Comment

Can't find the info on the Australian DC2R at the moment, but can on the JDM and US DC2R as follows:

JDM DC2R spec. 96 - 200 PS @ 8,000 rpm & 181.5 Nm @ 7,500 rpm
                  US DC2R 1997 - 198PS @ 8,000 rpm & 176 Nm @ 7,500 rpm
                  JDM DC2R spec 98 - 200 PS @ 8,000 rpm & 186.4 Nm @ 6,200 rpm
                  plus
                  JDM DC5R - 220 PS @ 8,000 rpm & 206 Nm @ 7,000 rpm

Basically, all DC2Rs had a fairly flat torque curves from vtec point onto about 7,700 rpm. The US DC2R had slightly less power than other variants due to a lower 10.6:1 compression ratio. All others have 11.1:1. The JDM DC2R spec 98's torque peaked at 6,200 rpm with 186.4 Nm but also produced 181.5 Nm at 7,500 rpm as well.

Comment

dont have it on me ..

I know exactly what a dc2r Torque curve looks like ..

this :

-----------------------------------------------------------
                    Farewell TYP88R

Comment

Originally posted by totti View Post
                      DNY - what car - dc2r? 3rd gear run i assume?
                      Yeh it was a DC2R run in 3rd
                      Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #010

Comment

Thanks for the info guys
                        Honda DC2R Integra

Comment

Working...
                        X