Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installing AUDM ITR Cluster into JDM DC2 ITR

Hi guys hoping you can help.

I have a 2000 Integra Type R in New Zealand. Factory the JDM model has a 180km speedo. I found out the NZDM and AUDM ITR's have the 260/70km speedos and thought it would be a nice purchase if i ever found one. So i listed a WTB sale on here and user ken_twolves PM'd me to my delight and said he had one for sale in good condition.

Purchased and paid on paypal last week and this morning the package turned up

Got home from work today and swapped the clusters over and the speedometer and water temp gauge don't work. Everything else/all lights/indicators/revs/gas/SRS/ABS works fine.

Talked to a friend who is an auto electrician today and he has said that the plugs between JDM and AUDM could have a different pinout which could be the problem.

Now to distinguish whether its a simple matter of the pinout being different on plugs OR that the cluster (i hope not) may be faulty.

HOW YOU CAN HELP

Below is my pictures of the front and rear of my JDM ITR pin out on the 3 plugs. Could anyone on here that has an AUDM ITR please post a picture of their 3x plugs pinout so i can compare and solve his as quickly as possible.

THANKS

AUDM CLUSTER

SMALLEST TO BIGGEST PLUG

And a pic of my Type R

93' EG5 CIVIC l 00' DC2R INTEGRA l 00' EK1 CIVIC l 04' RUCKUS

a different approach could include finding the Service Manual PDF and looking up the wire colours?
    ... retired/

Comment

Hey Justin, i've sent you an inbox on nzhonda. Your more then welcomed to share my pics on this thread.

Comment

if you need more pics let me know man

Comment

Hmm comparisons of the my JDM plugs and you AUDM plugs has not given any changes

JDM and AUDM have the same colour wires on the same plug in the same location:
          D7 - Yellow/Green - Temp Gauge
          B6 - Blue/White - Speedometer

So technically the cluster should just be a straight swap/plug n play between the two. So stumped as to what else i could check/try
          Last edited by OPTIONed; 10-02-16, 04:34 PM.

Comment

check your grounds...
            ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
              check your grounds...
              Put my factory JDM ITR cluster back in and that works though

Comment

Originally posted by OPTIONed View Post
                Put my factory JDM ITR cluster back in
                did you check your grounds while you were at it?
                ... retired/

Comment

Don't want to tamper with cluster as i'm not too confident with wiring and sorts so will just be returning the cluster to Kenny and he will be refunding me. If anyone else on here had a AUDM ITR cluster that they would like to sell to me and ship to New Zealand, please PM me. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                  X