Skunk2 Camber Arms + Ball Joints

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skunk2 Camber Arms + Ball Joints

Hey guys, so today I installed my new coilovers and I have the Skunk2 front camber arms. They are the older style ones with the four allen key bolts from the top of the camber arm. I purchased some new Skunk2 ball joints a while ago and I had to get the Pro Series ball joints. When we tried to install them, because my cambers arms don't have the large hole in the top like the Pro Series arms and the bolts screw into the top plate I couldn't mount them. I'm not overly keen on forking about $300-400 on a new set of arms... So is there another way of mounting them? Has anyone had similar issues? Can I run longer bolts etc?

Cheers!!

I think your best bet is to get in contact with Skunk2 directly to get some more insight.

Did Skunk2 release multiple versions of these camber arms for some reason?

I wouldn't alter the camber arm in anyway to fit the new ball joint just in case it compromises it's strength.
    1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

There's the Pro Series Plus, Pro Series and Tuner Series. Their website shows them all now having the cut out on the top of the arm to fit the new style ball joints... So looks like I will have to get new arms. But Hardrace is much cheaper than Skunk2 ones so I might get a set of them instead

Comment

Seen a few complaints about skunk2 ball joints failing, they don't seem very robust.

I haven't had any issues with the hard race version ball joints, clearance of the arms to inner shock tower is pretty poor though. Just don't let any potholes or slight bumps take you by surprise or you'll feel it and it's not nice!

Comment

I've heard the clearance can be an issue but I'm not super low at the front so shouldn't be too much of a problem haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Alex_Walker View Post
            I've heard the clearance can be an issue but I'm not super low at the front so shouldn't be too much of a problem haha

Mines not very low, just has some tein s tech springs and still hits over bumps.

You just have to keep a sharp eye out for bumps/potholes and go slow into driveways and speed bumps. The arms themselves look very solid and havent sustained any damage so that is a plus.

It would be less of a problem if you have stiffer springs.

Comment

Okay cheers for the help. Yeah I have quite stiff springs haha (8kg/mm front). I got an email from Skunk2 saying all the camber arms are compatible with the new ball joints but when we tried to chuck them on they definitely didn't fit. I'm not sure how old my arms are cause I bought the car with them already on. There is definitely no cut out at the top where the ball joint would sit in, it's slightly raised so the new ball joint sits awkwardly on top which seems real dodgey. Might just get the hard race ones and be done with it

Comment

Working...
              X