Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC2 260mm Rear Brake Upgrade

Hi all,

I've been searching through a lot of forums trying to confirm the right way to go on upgrading rear brakes on a dc2. There is a lot of info on front brakes but not so much confirmed details for rear.

Specifically, I'm looking at keeping 4x100 setup and using the larger 260mm diameter rotors but I want to avoid mounting caliper a with the bleed nipple upside down. This is for a track car which will have the fluid bled before most events so removing the callipers to bleed the fluid will become tedious.

My questions are:

Which rotors can be used? I read mostly that standard ep3 are 260mm 4x100 with the correct offset and centre bore, can anyone confirm?

Which callipers can be used with the bleed nipple oriented correctly and are direct bolt on to the rear upright? I thought the dc2r ones are an option but are hard to come by without buying a full 5 stud conversion.

Alternatively, I heard that just the rear calliper bracket from 2002-2004 civics can be used with the stock dc2 rear calliper body to space it out further for 260mm disks.

If anyone has already gone through the upgrade could shed some light or correct me that would be appreciated.

i've redrilled DC2R ones for my VTiR for years...

i run DC2R rear calipers.
    ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
      i've redrilled DC2R ones for my VTiR for years...

i run DC2R rear calipers.
      Ok I'll keep that in mind. Only problem then is finding the callipers for sale.

Most people are only selling theirs complete with the 5 stud upgrade and type r tax!!

I spoke to a guy with a CRX at sandown Tuesday who said he used 04?? Civic rotors but unfortunately I was too distracted to get the full details.

Comment

I've done some more research (and more rehashing of old research!). I'll post it here in case anyone is searching for it in the future, most info I got was US based.

It looks like the only way to have the 260mm diameter upgrade with the bleed nipples correctly oriented is getting either dc2r or ek9 calipers.

There are a few other chassis like prelude/accord/ep3/dc5 etc with the same caliper part number 9clp14s but none have the parking brake on the right way for dc2/eg setup. To get around this the calipers have to swapped left to right which makes the bleed nipple on the bottom.

The rotors are easier, either redrill dc2r rotors 4x100 or get some off the shelf as per below taken from the dba catalogue.

Dba475 is stock dc2 vtir, dba2502 is 2005 Civic ES

Not sure about 4x100.3 surely that is a mistake by dba??

Dc2r dimensions listed below

Comment

Working...
        X