DC2 VTiR and Type R steering rack ratio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, I would like to know if the ratios of the steering rack on a DC2 v-tir and type R are different.

I have a Vtir with coilovers, good tyres, itr rear swaybar, however my steering wheels quite light compared to the type R and was wondering if upgrading the steering rack would help.

thanks.

different ratio due to steering wheel diameter, get an ITR steering wheel.
    ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
      different ratio due to steering wheel diameter, get an ITR steering wheel.
      so no difference in the rack itself? I am currently using the ITR steering wheel.
      thanks

Comment

Not too sure if this is correct but I remember reading somewhere that the lock to lock is very similar but the amount of "assist" the is different (same situation to EK4 vs EK9). The VtiR's have more assist so add to that light/floaty feeling.

Comment

Originally posted by 3gud View Post
          so no difference in the rack itself? I am currently using the ITR steering wheel.
          thanks
          a light feeling is possible more related to your wheel alignment, what are your toe settings?
          ... retired/

Comment

BTW - dunno if the rack is different,

i have not changed my rack and hold various state hillclimb records with my VTiR...

focus on more important things to make it *feel* better...

like bushes etc
            ... retired/

Comment

http://honda-tech.com/acura-integra-...g-rack-201455/

According to this thread on Honda tech the post '98 steering ratio was changed as well as the power assist (different orifice/fitting diameter for pressure hose).

When I had power steering on my 93 vtir it felt very light, ok on the street but I didn't like it on the track.

Comment

type R steering rack is shorter compared to to vtir.

A friend lent me his vtir for awhile and i clock a few though km's on it when my dc2r was getting fixed, and I personally preferred the vtir steering feel for daily driving, its light enough that you can easily steer one handed through roundabouts and really tight turns (car park). But Dc2r gives more feedback and heavier feel being more suited for spirited driving.

Comment

Working...
                X