DC2 Coilovers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC2 Coilovers

I need to raise the front of my car slightly (due to scrubbing issues). I was looking into just buying new springs (round the $200 mark) and realised I'm going to need new front shocks as well... So looking into all that it was going to be quite costly just to do the front end. So it got me thinking that I might as well just get coilovers...? I've been researching different brands etc and I don't want to pay over 1k. Less than that would be ideal! What are your recommendations on a budget coilover setup for mostly street use with hillclimbs and the odd track day? Or am I better off just buying new front shocks and springs? But would have to replace the rears eventually when they wear out as well? What about second hand coilovers? Worth it or better off just getting new ones?

Thanks!

im not sure about dc2 prices. but for every car iv owned BC BR's are the best bang for buck. have camber tops, are adjustable stiffness levels and fully adjustable height. there about $1200 for a dc5 so they might be cheaper for a dc2.

i wouldn't trust second had. you can never know if they are in good condition until you install them in the car.

Comment

Okay I'll check those out. Was also looking at ISC which are very similar as well (price wise)

Comment

get second hand coilovers, your only real option for cheap...
        ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by amee-reb View Post
          im not sure about dc2 prices. but for every car iv owned BC BR's are the best bang for buck. have camber tops, are adjustable stiffness levels and fully adjustable height. there about $1200 for a dc5 so they might be cheaper for a dc2.
          I'm really unimpressed with the BC BRs that I'm running on my E30. Even with the adjusters built in, they are pretty average and it's not like E30s have a bad chassis.
          1988 CRX
          1999 Integra Type R
          2020 Civic Type R

Comment

Working...
          X